Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Goatcraft review on Invisible Hipstoranges

Goatcraft review on Invisible Hipstoranges
October 31, 2013, 10:00:00 PM
The first band was Goatcraft – a one-man act that consists of a bald dude at a piano with fake blood poured over his head. The dude has skills on the keys, but it went on far too long. His jams were drenched in reverb or echo and fell stylistically somewhere between Debussy and Rachmaninov and I couldn’t help but call him ‘Gliberache’ in my head even though he seemed like a really nice guy – definitely lost the crowd but ‘A’ for effort.

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2013/10/review-housecore-horror-film-festival-part-1/

Re: Goatcraft review on Invisible Hipstoranges
November 01, 2013, 02:21:05 AM
Props on all the hard work this guy does taking his music around but I really wish instead of live shows he would lock himself in a basement with some inspirational music and emerge with an epic, narrative album.

November 01, 2013, 03:03:02 AM
 ???
Death Metal
Black Metal
Sukebe!!!!!!!!!!

November 01, 2013, 08:14:13 PM
"Debussey and Rachmoninoff"? Why is it legal for this guy to talk about music on the internet?

November 01, 2013, 09:34:07 PM
Hipsters are best taken with a grain of salt.

That's why I read DMU and not Hipster Oranges.
Death Metal
Black Metal
Sukebe!!!!!!!!!!

November 01, 2013, 10:44:11 PM
Hipsters listen to Rachmoninoff? But... I listen to Rachmoninoff. That's not allowed by my own rules. Obviously the solution is to stop listening to Rachmoninoff. Or kill all the hipsters that do.

November 02, 2013, 12:23:11 AM
Goatcraft material is fucking garbage. Hopefully he devotes some time to actually writing music rather than recording his keyboard noodling in audacity with acoustic effects. Until then, this is sub par even when compared to any university piano major bullshitting "dark music".

November 03, 2013, 11:52:16 PM
Goatcraft material is fucking garbage. Hopefully he devotes some time to actually writing music rather than recording his keyboard noodling in audacity with acoustic effects. Until then, this is sub par even when compared to any university piano major bullshitting "dark music".

That's a harsh criticism. Surely you realize the strength of this music isn't in it's academic pursuit but in the spontaneity and intensity of the overall concept. Anyway, at least you're one of the few that can get past image. Everyone else obsesses over it.

November 05, 2013, 02:46:20 AM
Everyone basically has the same opinion about him in varying degrees of harshness.

November 07, 2013, 01:18:19 AM
It's overly harsh and sort of misses the point. But as far as I can tell most people's opinion is that he plays keyboard at metal shows, the fingers move real fast and that he's covered in blood. What about the music?

November 07, 2013, 03:22:32 AM
I meant everyone on this forum, the complaint that Lonegoat`s music is too... improvisational has been a constant one. In moments there is brilliance, but there is no consistency to it. Even out of the material that currently exists he could probably fashion a really, really good album.

November 07, 2013, 02:34:59 PM
I've spent time working on the next one.

It should be an improvement. Any criticism is beneficial, no matter the harshness.

Oh shite, now I need a new name on here.
Death Metal
Black Metal
Sukebe!!!!!!!!!!

November 07, 2013, 03:48:38 PM
I've spent time working on the next one.

It should be an improvement. Any criticism is beneficial, no matter the harshness.

Oh shite, now I need a new name on here.

DOHOHO!

He hath revealed himself.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

November 07, 2013, 04:34:13 PM
Damn, it really ruins the music to find out the creator is a weeboo, I had no idea.

November 07, 2013, 04:40:30 PM
Middle school was drenched in MTG and DBZ.

I still have my goblin deck from 1998 around here somewhere.
Death Metal
Black Metal
Sukebe!!!!!!!!!!