Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

"Odd" Dietary Habits

"Odd" Dietary Habits
November 01, 2013, 01:45:32 PM
About once a month I will eat a raw steak (barely cooked just to kill the bacteria).

I've also done the warrior diet on and off for the last 3 years. It's based on eating one big meal at night.
Death Metal
Black Metal
Sukebe!!!!!!!!!!

NHA

Re: "Odd" Dietary Habits
November 01, 2013, 03:53:30 PM
Shrug, medium rare is the best way to eat quality steak anyway. And purely raw dishes like carpaccio and steak-tartare are delicious.

The warrior diet claim that "Humans are inherently nocturnal eaters" sounds stupid. Its premise is that food wasn't easily available and had to be hunted. Who the fuck goes hunting in the dark, with piss poor monkey night vision? The claim that there were no food preservation techniques, and that they were able to time their meat acquisition is also nonsense.

Most of the dietary issues it claims to fix I stopped experiencing after I moved out of America. The portions they serve force you to eat more than you really want, and there are too many additives and misc bullshit in the food.

November 01, 2013, 04:02:34 PM
My diet is almost entirely pasta and fruit.

According to the scientists I should have diabetes, weight gain, and all sorts of problems from that.

Yet ever since I started that diet I lost over 50 lbs and feel better than before.

Go figure.
Liberalism is moral syphilis.

- Jonathan Bowden

November 01, 2013, 04:06:33 PM
It's based on the hunter-gatherer trend that's been gaining momentum. The logic (now that's a subjective word in this forum) was that humans hunted during the day and feasted at night.

However, I don't use it for losing weight. I was in tip-top shape utilizing some portions of it with my exercise habits. I would cheat and eat some rice during lunch, hit the gym, then gorge for recovery meals about an hour after workouts.
Death Metal
Black Metal
Sukebe!!!!!!!!!!

November 01, 2013, 04:13:45 PM
Right before I joined the military I lost about 15 pounds just eating hard boiled eggs for every meal.

I haven't tried a pasta and fruit diet; I like meat too much.
Death Metal
Black Metal
Sukebe!!!!!!!!!!

November 01, 2013, 07:07:36 PM
For several years, I ate nothing but meat and fish, and as I recall, my body did well on it.
That may be because - as I discovered later - I had an allergy to the gluten in wheat, barley and rye.
And when you think about it, flours come from grasses, and we are not cows or rabbits.
I also discover that chilies and hot spices - which I adore - do rather bad things to me.

These days, my wife feeds me a balanced diet of all kinds of things, including the dreaded vegetables, in doses larger than I would prefer. But this diet, at my age, contributes to a body that would suit a thirty year old, at least in appearance.
There's not a lot I can do about my head, though. Or my poor, poor remaining teeth.

Oats, rice (wild/brown), eggs, meat, fish, shellfish, potatoes, vegetables, fruits. Seems to work well.

Squawk!

November 07, 2013, 04:04:50 PM
My diet is almost entirely pasta and fruit.

How's that been working out for you? A very peculiar diet if I must say so myself. Funny that you should lose that much weight on a carb-heavy diet. Do you usually just eat whole wheat pasta?

I'm absolutely rabid for fish. It's the reason I could never ever go vegan. That and cheese. If I could eat no other meats in my life besides fish, I would be OK with that. (I sure as hell would miss venison though)

I have a pretty ridiculous metabolism. I drink a ton of water (try to drink about a gallon a day) so that really helps to speed things up. Even when I'm not doing a regular exercise regimen I stay at a consistent weight. I also have a love for food in general - cooking, eating, tasting, smelling, learning about it - so I'm not too picky about what I eat. Obviously I tend to avoid processed bullshit and candy, but I'd just as soon eat a big bowl of greens with some olive oil, salt, and pepper as I would a bacon covered meatloaf. As an aside, cooking is not only extremely fun but a bonding activity. I've managed to woo a few ladies with my cooking skills, and I've had countless enjoyable times preparing dishes with good friends. 
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

November 07, 2013, 04:44:45 PM
Femmes dig a man that can cook.

It's all alchemy to me, but sometimes I get it right.
Death Metal
Black Metal
Sukebe!!!!!!!!!!

November 07, 2013, 05:29:16 PM
I wouldn't be able to be vegan either. Especially since our teeth are structured for tearing flesh.
Meh

November 07, 2013, 05:29:58 PM
How's that been working out for you? A very peculiar diet if I must say so myself.

For the most part it's my pre-vegan diet minus meat. I don't like food; from preparing it to eating it, so I usually opt for what involves the least amount of time.

Funny that you should lose that much weight on a carb-heavy diet. Do you usually just eat whole wheat pasta?

Different types, including some non-wheat pasta; though all are organic.

I'm absolutely rabid for fish. It's the reason I could never ever go vegan. That and cheese. If I could eat no other meats in my life besides fish, I would be OK with that. (I sure as hell would miss venison though)

The point of veganism is to have a principle that overcomes such feelings.

- Jonathan Bowden

November 07, 2013, 05:35:03 PM
I wouldn't be able to be vegan either. Especially since our teeth are structured for tearing flesh.

Your teeth are physically incapable of eating vegetables?

You must live in Britain.

- Jonathan Bowden

November 07, 2013, 05:41:58 PM
I'm a fan of tea.
Meh

November 07, 2013, 06:00:37 PM
How's that been working out for you? A very peculiar diet if I must say so myself.

For the most part it's my pre-vegan diet minus meat. I don't like food; from preparing it to eating it, so I usually opt for what involves the least amount of time.

Well aren't we just two opposites!

The point of veganism is to have a principle that overcomes such feelings.

Truth, however you could say I'm incapable (but more likely just unwilling) to instill that principle in myself. I can't pass up on sashimi. At the same time, I eat tomatoes like one would eat an apple, and once devoured an entire pound of strawberries after having a bit of cannabis.

And tea is awesome.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

November 07, 2013, 06:12:43 PM
I don't mind eating fish or meat. When I'm dead, I'll be eaten by all sorts of things. Assuming my body isn't cremated.

November 07, 2013, 10:54:33 PM
Been living abroad a half year now and my body has undergone extremely beneficial metamorphosis on the part of great genes, great me. The city is nasty and I should take more to the hills and valleys for trips at days to remain greater. I have developed flatly so far from the feet upwards. I prefer some food more than others probably as a pregnant women desires strange nutrition. Just ate six bologna sandwiches this morning from a homo teen fort, and my farts smell like burning rubber. The fatigue and general muscle strain is really enjoyable.
Your total consumer expenses come to 42 children, 7 virgin women, and 6 first born males. Thank you for shopping at Sanctity. Enjoy a bewildered day.

All as nothing. Do for die. Through knowledge you can't decide.