Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Waking up.

Waking up.
November 01, 2013, 08:18:19 PM
I'll share with you a memory, because it is a good memory, and an interesting way of starting a new day...

Cold, wet, shivering, hungry, penniless and alone. I was probably sixteen.
I woke up, in a shallow ditch, beside a railway line, somewhere in Somerset, UK, in the early morning greyness.
And the first thing I was aware of, was surprise. That I had woken up, at all.
How long can you be this poor, and this hungry, and this thin, and this cold, before you don't wake up ever again?
Hence the surprise, and the pleasant feeling of getting to live through another, unexpected day.

That is a good way to wake up, and although I haven't done it for many years, I cherish the memory of having done so.
I try, always, to apply that sense of surprise, to each new day, because now I know, for a fact, that those new days are numbered. And that fewer and fewer of them remain, to be surprised by.

Re: Waking up.
November 02, 2013, 04:21:47 PM
What comes next? After the end of days

November 02, 2013, 06:07:07 PM
One thing, for sure, is that you will eventually find out.

November 03, 2013, 12:43:24 AM
I think if you don't find out, you're stuck to relive the same life until you gain enough awareness to discover it at the time of death. You got to die while being alive to figure it out.

November 03, 2013, 01:04:45 PM
Waking up means that somehow, you understand the ancient symbol of the serpents of the caduceus.

That, in a way, can mean that you understand your own shitness as much as other people's. Not so much your shitness but your wrongness, stubborness.When we realize, as small things as they may be, our injustices rooted in deep prejudices, towards all too known people, like family, we see that they have their side also and it's worthwile. It's not a coincidence that the opposite serpentes, joining at the top, produce the wings.

It's about noticing the most similarity to eternal truth a person is doing and acknowledging it.

November 03, 2013, 06:13:16 PM
Well, this is interesting. I was actually referring, by 'waking up', to hauling one's ass out of the sack in the morning, should one be fortunate enough to have a sack from which to haul oneself.
Yet here we are, discussing spiritual awakenings of all sorts.
Oh well.
Worse things happen at sea.