Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Harsh Anus.com review on Veles 'The Black Ravens flew again'

"contemplation appears as empty as radio rock. Maybe someday metal bands will learn that it is better to fade away with a reputation for quality than to burn out by following the same apish, predictable, humble, sycophantic path that every other moron does in modern society"

Wow.  So much hate over a decent release.  The album is just as war-like and hateful as previous releases, they're still comrades, why write such a harsh review on a band that still keeps to its roots?  I'm guessing whoever wrote the review was in a pissy mood

Music reviews are reviews of music, not an individuals integrity, personality, work ethic or any number of things. If the music doesnt hold up, it doesnt hold up.

'The Black Ravens flew again' vs 'Black Hateful Metal'

Or really anything else they've ever done.

You have to be kidding?

Music reviews are reviews of music, not an individuals integrity, personality, work ethic or any number of things. If the music doesnt hold up, it doesnt hold up.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  People like to tell you about how hard-working the band members are, as if that makes the music better.  Or they like to talk about how hard it is to write decent music.
I don't care.  Quality is quality. Stop whining about us telling you the truth!

Couldn't have said it better myself.  People like to tell you about how hard-working the band members are, as if that makes the music better.  Or they like to talk about how hard it is to write decent music.
I don't care.  Quality is quality. Stop whining about us telling you the truth!

Yeah I agree. I mean - it's good to hear musicians working hard, but if they're not also working smart, then all of that hard work is just effort ultimately wasted.

When I want a music review, I want a MUSIC review. Not a person review.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

So much hate over a decent release.  The album is just as war-like and hateful as previous releases, they're still comrades, why write such a harsh review on a band that still keeps to its roots?  I'm guessing whoever wrote the review was in a pissy mood

You're advocating Communism.

In your world, "decent" counts just as much as "good" or "excellent."

You want us to judge albums based on being "just as war-like and hateful" as the past, not whether they're as good as the past.

What does "still keeps to its roots" mean? I'd rather a band makes nu-metal, and does it well (???), than hamster out with something true but vapid.

We stand by our reviews. I don't remember this particular one, but the album was fail. I'm sure the band members aren't bad people and mean well. But where I'm from, lying is a great form of disrespect, and lying to them about the quality of their output wouldn't help them at all. In fact, it would hurt them by making them delusional, and thus, they would never have a chance at the success they might achieve.