Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

What bands are you listening to today?

What bands are you listening to today?
November 09, 2013, 01:52:44 PM
Infernal Curse (Argentina) - Awakening of the Damned 2012

Re: What Band are you listening today?
November 09, 2013, 01:59:31 PM
Grave Miasma: Odori Sepulcrorum

There are some good parts to it.

November 09, 2013, 10:35:54 PM
Morpheus Descends - Ritual of Infinity

I am ashamed to never have listened to this album until a few weeks ago. The Florida and New York death bands speak to me in a profound sense and this album is an exceptional example of the styles. Much more mystical and evil version of Suffocation, but lacking in instrumental prowess compared to Effigy or Pierced. A good trade, though, in the end.

Also Oblivion- Called to Rise, since I pay attention to what gets praised on the DMU front page. I hear a distinctly satisfying lack of 'core, and am reminded of the first two Obscura albums, but Oblivion has a much more vicious and even slightly sinister sound. Very impressive in terms of modern death.

November 11, 2013, 09:54:45 AM
Morpheus Descends' first LP - A cryptic release, indeed. It is interesting that interviews they talked about how they aimed to make their music Gothic. I, too, recently experienced this album's might.

For me:
Beherit live show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WNn8jqwJfk [with a reading of the thoughtful DLA interview with NHV which spurred various contemplations] and experiencing "The Return..." for the first time. It was the only classic Bathory I had somehow delayed in listening.

November 11, 2013, 12:54:10 PM
Morpheus Descends - Ritual of Infinity

I am ashamed to never have listened to this album until a few weeks ago. The Florida and New York death bands speak to me in a profound sense and this album is an exceptional example of the styles. Much more mystical and evil version of Suffocation, but lacking in instrumental prowess compared to Effigy or Pierced. A good trade, though, in the end.

If someone asked me "what is death metal?", that is the album I would show them.  It's probably the most archetypal example of the style imo.

November 11, 2013, 06:31:24 PM
That's what I was thinking too. That triplet breakdown in the 2nd or 3rd track is a great example of how much raw percussive power a band can exercise with a simple arrangement of instruments and simple techniques. Also, those vocals are absolutely morbid. I feel like a voice from beyond heaven and hell is warning me of my own impending, horrific death. The lyrics are unsettling as well; maybe typical gore and horror but well-done nonetheless. A great example of all death metal indeed. Because of all these traits of greatness, I'm left wondering why RoI isn't talked about more, while all the -ation bands are circle-jerked over (and rightfully so, I guess).

(It's probably the goofy logo and cover art.)

November 11, 2013, 11:22:34 PM
All the new bands seem to suck and the old ones have been spun too many times.

The new Summoning was good, must listen to it more.

Also Impaled Nazarene's Ugra Karma, uuh. That is some quality black metal/hardcore.

November 12, 2013, 03:00:47 AM
Paradise Lost - Gothic

Ignored this album for years because I believed this is where they started to explore shit I dont like. It made the front page recently but I still didnt bother to listen to it. I love the first album, Lost Paradise, and I was listening to that Vallenfyre album, ruminating about how shitty it was when it occured to me; I dont need to waste my time on this, the 2nd Paradise Lost album couldnt possibly be worse!

After checking it out I really regret not doing so earlier. Yes, it contains elements that are pretty cheesy (think 2nd album Septic Flesh), but at the same time it contains a refinement of the style developed on Lost Paradise. Greg Mackintosh is just amazing on that album. Currently enjoying this track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0drLbh85Cw8

November 12, 2013, 05:34:44 AM
Perdition Temple - Edict of the Antichrist

&

Hellhammer - Apocalyptic Raids 1990 A.D.

And later:

Some Toto followed by Lionel Richie

November 12, 2013, 12:22:15 PM
Early morning Iron Maiden. Always helps kick start those stubborn days.

November 12, 2013, 01:19:47 PM
Nox Intempesta. Better than Satyricon, Vinterland, Old Man's Child and so many 1996 clones.

November 12, 2013, 02:51:52 PM
Repeating, going over Slayer's South Side of Heaven, Deicide's Legion and Celtic Frost's To Mega Therion. 
New to Pagan Mind's Celestial Entrance.  This one is pretty good in its genre, but I cannot stand listening to all the album without a break. The last couple of songs in the album are gold, specially the very last two.

November 12, 2013, 06:03:43 PM
Perdition Temple - Edict of the Antichrist

&

Hellhammer - Apocalyptic Raids 1990 A.D.

And later:

Some Toto followed by Lionel Richie
at the final WHAT? jaja.(im sorry).

today : LVCIFYRE - THE CALLING DEPTHS (morbid angel touch).

November 13, 2013, 12:30:09 AM
Early morning Iron Maiden. Always helps kick start those stubborn days.

Early Iron Maiden is such a burst of energy. The S/T and Killers, so innocent yet so evil. DAMN IT!

November 14, 2013, 07:23:04 AM
Hell Hammer-Death Fiend Demo
Von-Satanic Blood (2012)
later
Obliteration-Nekropslams n  Black Death  Horizon