Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

What bands are you listening to today?

Re: What Band are you listening today?
December 10, 2013, 11:12:56 PM
I haven't heard them yet - I've only recently started to explore this genre.

December 10, 2013, 11:21:10 PM
A-Front isn't crust, they're hardcore. Pretty good stuff - stick to everything before the first breakup (1992) and you'll be fine. Vocals are pretty whiny in general....which takes getting used to. I'd recommend United Blood and Victim in Pain to start with. Fortunately not too preachy, but it's hardcore so it inevitably happens. As a fun tidbit, the lyrics for their song "Public Assistance" were written by Peter Steele.

If you are interested in crust, try out those Hellbastard releases I listed. I'd put them near Amebix/Doom/early Neurosis in quality.

December 12, 2013, 12:34:36 PM
Nocturnal Graves - ...from the Bloodline of Cain

One great thing about many bands in the Aussie underground is that they play their Metal unadorned, with no frills, and with a 'bloodline' tying proudly into the pedigree of the 1980s. NOCTURNAL GRAVES is one such band, and their new record is guaranteed to melt the faces of the true headbanger legions. Having strong Thrash Metal influences without being a pointless retro Thrash band, this band's Black Death attack has a prominent 1985 SLAYER - like momentum with frequent, magnificent solos courtesy of Shrapnel (ex - DESTROYER 666). This seamless blend of deadly Metal styles, in my opinion, make NOCTURNAL GRAVES the perfect tourmates for a band like GOSPEL OF THE HORNS. Perfect levels on all the instruments here, and thankfully the drummer stays with a natural and yet pounding, anti-digital sound. Before I close, I have to point out the track 'The Conqueror's Flame'. After an opening salvo of bruising speed, at around 2:23min the band hits you with one of the headbangingest riffs you'll hear in 2013 - awesome. "...From The Bloodline Of Cain" is one of my favorites for this year, and it's an album that could incite you to assault the next puke you see in an ASKING ALEXANDRIA shirt... See more here: www.facebook.com/nocturnalgraves, www.hellsheadbangers.com

Dick Osmond‎ (voices from the dark side).

December 14, 2013, 01:49:37 AM
Now.
Mighty MOONBLOOD - BOOTLEG COMPILATION.

December 21, 2013, 05:47:05 PM
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines 2002.

December 22, 2013, 12:52:29 AM
Bathory- Blood, Fire, Death
Samael - Worship Him
Gorgoroth -Antichrist
Bach - The art of fugue

December 22, 2013, 02:10:45 AM
Bathory- Blood, Fire, Death
Samael - Worship Him
Gorgoroth -Antichrist
Bach - The art of fugue

Nice! I also like the combination of Classical and Extreme Metal art in successive waves.
Today it's Massacra's first three albums, Haydn's London Symphonies, Derogatory's debut and Beethoven late string quartets for me!

December 22, 2013, 04:08:42 AM
Been listening to God Macabre's The Winterlong a lot this week. I like it - seems like this is the sound that Vallenfyre wanted to do. Can be a bit hokey (the key samples are kind of grating) but for the most part this release is solid. I'm glad I checked it out.

Also been re-listening to Sodom's Persecution Mania and Agent Orange this week. Solid albums, the former in particular. Goddamn it "Conjuration" is only 4 fucking notes and it's better than nearly the entire nu-'thrash' movement. TAKE NOTES POSEURS.  ;D

December 22, 2013, 06:39:40 AM
The DLA review of Persecution Mania makes the major issue of that album very apparent. Lets take one of my half favourite (will explain why) songs for instance; Christ Passion. This song is basically similar to the track Persecution Mania, only filled with totally idiotic mood ruining `thrashy` bouncy riffs. One moment you are enjoying the deepening dark mood, the next moment its back to totally out of place idiocy. If that song was stripped of half its content it would be the best track on the album. Anyway, its still cool. I even like Agent Orange.

Been listening to Lost horizon. Really solid stuff, putting it right up there with Sanctuary and Adramelch as some of the best power metal I have heard. You can even hear some Luciferion in it. The only complaint I have is the songs can go on too long without variation.

Also been listening to Mozart`s K310 Piano Sonata 8 in Am played by Denis Matthews. The Presto is the most metal thing I have heard that isnt metal; a beautiful melody turns into a vice grip on the soul. But I am a simple man so I still prefer my metal ^_^ (P.S.: Strongly recommend Denis Matthews, the man has an awesome musical sense).

December 23, 2013, 06:25:45 PM
Caladan Brood - Echoes of Battle 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py6iHvKbDjs

December 28, 2013, 05:52:05 PM
Morbius - Alienchrist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfQs3Lw5XrI

Some truly excellent drumming alongside riffs utilizing themes/motifs in a way similar to a more straightforward Timeghoul and reminds of the grandeur of classical music at times.

December 30, 2013, 07:21:50 PM
Gift of Gods - Receive (Ep 2013)

The new from Nocturno Culto´s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_TLOMS7P00

January 03, 2014, 12:00:44 PM
Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness

This is such a great album on so many different levels.

January 07, 2014, 01:40:22 PM
Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness

This is such a great album on so many different levels.

Marvellous!!

Today:

Nifelheim - Nifelheim 1995