Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What bands are you listening to today?

Re: What bands are you listening to today?
January 22, 2014, 05:16:15 PM
Yeah, thats it. Dont remember it being on evilmusic but shows what I know. Owe you one, thanks.

January 23, 2014, 02:52:49 AM
Infest - Slave

Heresy - 20 Reasons to End it All

January 23, 2014, 03:53:52 AM
Lots of Nunslaughter for me these days, specifically , HEX and GOAT.  I love the energy and straight forward style, along with the touches of humour,it' s been a good week blasting this stuff!  There is actually some awesome riffing throughout each album, some songs are mid paced, some are slow , some are grinding, and I love hearing the grating voice of Don of The Dead!

I did switch it up finally tonight, witn DEMONCY - ENTHRONED IS THE NIGHT!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

January 23, 2014, 07:04:27 AM
Can't get enough of Perdition Temple's 2010, which happened again today. Old school Morbid Angel worship at its best. Also, Lantern's 'Below' again (amazed no one else around here has enjoyed this one).

January 23, 2014, 06:03:07 PM
Infest - Slave

You have excellent taste. Infest is one of the last bands to do something different (but still good!) with punk music. Basically I think of them as grindcore if it were played by punks who pre-dated the grindcore movement. Great stuff; and even the few longer slow songs they have are interesting - even if I find them less compelling than their normal confrontational bursts of grindpunk. Had the pleasure of seeing them at Maryland Deathfest last year - was definitely in the top 3 performances of the entire fest.

Heresy is cool too but they aren't as good. I like their Peel Sessions compilation.

Today:
Brutality - Screams of Anguish

January 23, 2014, 09:05:39 PM
Infest - Slave

You have excellent taste. Infest is one of the last bands to do something different (but still good!) with punk music. Basically I think of them as grindcore if it were played by punks who pre-dated the grindcore movement. Great stuff; and even the few longer slow songs they have are interesting - even if I find them less compelling than their normal confrontational bursts of grindpunk. Had the pleasure of seeing them at Maryland Deathfest last year - was definitely in the top 3 performances of the entire fest.

Heresy is cool too but they aren't as good. I like their Peel Sessions compilation.

Today:
Brutality - Screams of Anguish

Haha thanks brudda! I agree on all points, including Heresy. The first thing that struck me about Infest was how concise and focused the songs are. Especially for that style and period of time. You'd almost expect it to be choppy and uneven.

I haven't been much for metal this past week:

Victims Family - The Germ
Annihilation Time - Tales of the ancient (Decadent "fun" iron maiden/rock punk hybrid)
Dr. Know - This Island Earth
Cryptic Slaughter - Convicted
Gridlink - Orphan (just getting around to this and WOW this is inventive writing)
Descendents - I don't wanna Grow up. (Pop punk highmark)

January 23, 2014, 09:23:19 PM
Catching up with some indian classical, Salamat Ali Khan and Ali Akbar Khan mostly. Also listening to the Vangelis Blade Runner soundtrack.

January 24, 2014, 01:01:09 PM
Also listening to the Vangelis Blade Runner soundtrack.
Wow this great for me...and also Dr. Know and Brutality.

two days of:

SARCOFAGO - INRI (playing UNREAL in computer) aaaarrrgghh!!!

http://www.deathmetal.org/bands/sarcfago/sarcfago-inri/

January 24, 2014, 01:28:05 PM
Debussy's La Mer
Centurian's Contra Rationem
 Derogatory's Above All Else
Morbid Angel's Altars of Madness
Beethoven's Op. 127 (String Quartet) by Quartetto Italiano
Massacra's Final Holocaust and Enjoy the Violence
Profanatica's Thy Kingdom Cum

And permanently, every day, ever few hours: Timeghoul's Tumultuous Travelings

January 24, 2014, 03:27:28 PM
Catching up with some indian classical, Salamat Ali Khan and Ali Akbar Khan mostly.

I've seen Indian classical mentioned around here a few times. Would you mind recommending me one symphony/opus from either of these composers? I'd like to dive into this genre; I've never heard classical music outside of a European/American context and I'm pretty curious.

ATTN: Vigiliance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvaod_ZHJOo

January 24, 2014, 04:11:12 PM
In hindsight, it would have been worth flying to the otherside of the country to see Infest. Thank you and fuck you.

January 29, 2014, 05:23:11 PM
Intestine Baalism - An Anatomy of the Beast

January 30, 2014, 03:43:13 PM
Disclose. Dug this out of the depths of maybe 3 years. Still awesome and the only other good D-Beat band.

Therion - Gothic Kabbalah. Not sure how I feel about this. It's good in moments but the pop/mainstream/goofic stuff is really grating. Unfortunate because there is some really good ideas in here.

February 01, 2014, 12:28:14 AM
I've seen Indian classical mentioned around here a few times. Would you mind recommending me one symphony/opus from either of these composers? I'd like to dive into this genre; I've never heard classical music outside of a European/American context and I'm pretty curious.

Sorry my friend, missed this post. I am afraid what you requested does not apply, both of these are performers. There is no real concept of composer separate from performer in indian classical. In fact it has pretty much nothing in common with Western music, even the understanding of scales/notes etc. is different. Indian music would be closer to folk music as opposed to the large scale of western classical. There is generally a single performer with a small supporting group and the music consists of a single melodic line (there are no chords in indian music) with a strong focus on improvisation within certain forms. There was a thread on the forum which may be a good place to start just to ground yourself and satisfy curiousity: http://www.deathmetal.org/forum/index.php/topic,7791.0.html (if you have further interest just bump that thread).

Try this, focusing on the final two minutes or so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hobK_8bIDvk

Listening to Betrayer - Calamity. I might even prefer Maze of Suffering to Maze of Torment :D