Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

How do you want to die?

How do you want to die?
November 11, 2013, 03:55:02 PM
In battle?

Old age?

Eaten by a tiger?

Suicide?

AIDS?

Personally, I'd opt for any except for AIDS or old age. I'm not a fan of letting death sneak up on me.

Re: How do you want to die?
November 11, 2013, 08:15:25 PM
I wanna die young, or not too old, before my 40 years old, because after this age the best part of my life will be in the end, and i don't wanna  think "how good my life was" for the rest of my 50 years. And the cause, possible suicide.

November 11, 2013, 08:55:45 PM
I had a strange experience a year or two ago.
I lay, beneath a tall fir tree, out in the forest, gazing up into the canopy, aware of the endless, gentle rain of needles, falling to the ground, and onto me. It was cool, the sky overcast, and a raven cackled nearby, patiently.
I thought about all those falling needles, gradually covering everything, until there was only an indistinct lump, out in the forest. All trees end up like that, slowly decaying, underneath a ever-deepening carpet of debris and moss.
Not a bad end, I thought. easy, gradual, natural...
It was sad, but not sad. Poignant, perhaps.

I see myself being made use of, in the end, by birds, animals, insects, and finally by trees. In the manner of plains indians, left out under the sky, on a wooden platform. Probably that will not be the way it will be, but that is how I imagine it.

The manner of my death? A gradual fading out, and losing touch with life, snuggled under my blanket of needles, somewhere in the forest.

November 11, 2013, 11:11:19 PM
BY THE SWORD!!!! HAHAHAHAHH!!!

November 11, 2013, 11:25:31 PM
That's easily arranged. Move to the middle east, convert to islam, then change your mind.

November 11, 2013, 11:37:48 PM
But surely you would want to also fight for something. It is not the sword swinging end I look forward to exactly but the feeling of dying with something in your hearth and soul that you would give your life for.

Or maybe it is just the glory of War. Did not Friedrich say something that 'a good war justifies everything'? At least in the finnish translation. I think it's a good quote.

November 11, 2013, 11:52:50 PM
Tell a feminist you don't believe in equality.

November 12, 2013, 12:15:51 AM
I think I'd like to be drowned against my will.  :-\

November 12, 2013, 12:37:04 AM
As opposed to being consentually drowned?
That's an interesting concept.

November 12, 2013, 05:04:08 PM
I would like to be in the wilderness, alone, with nothing except the awareness of my last moments. Not necessarily knowing exactly how I was going to die - just knowing that I was.

Well, that or consentual drowning.

November 12, 2013, 05:50:39 PM
I want to DIE Sleeping.
and I want to be cremated.
Dreaming in Red..................

November 12, 2013, 06:23:10 PM
I would like to be in the wilderness, alone, with nothing except the awareness of my last moments. Not necessarily knowing exactly how I was going to die - just knowing that I was.

Perfect.

November 12, 2013, 06:27:34 PM
Deciding what to do with our remains might provide more insight into our characters.

Cremation: a final burst of energy
Burial (ground or water): becoming part of the bottom of the food-chain
Launched into space: not being prone to Earth's recycling program
Donation to medical science: have others learn from your remains (cosmetics would be interesting)
Frozen: for unlikely revival

What other types are there?

November 12, 2013, 06:33:52 PM
As opposed to being consentually drowned?
That's an interesting concept.

I suppose that I want to be at the peak of distress during my demise. It might be the most alive I could ever be.

November 13, 2013, 06:41:23 AM
You're certainly at your most alive when you know death is coming for you.