Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hello

Hello
November 11, 2013, 06:18:36 PM
I have known you for a long time. I am pleased to meet you!

I have been a lurker of this forum for about three years now; I know most of you by username. ANUS has had a big impact on my life; the ideas expressed on that website resonated deeply with thoughts that I was having when I discovered it, and they really opened my eyes to new perspectives and worldviews outside of the decaying society that I witnessed every day (yet no one else seemed to notice). Forum posts here are generally of very high quality and I almost always consider reading them a rewarding experience.

Due to various personal insecurities, I was conflicted about joining the ANUS/DMU forum for a long time. In the end, however, I have decided to man up and participate. Perhaps I will regret my decision and disappear, but for now I am committed to giving this a shot. I plan to contribute constructively to the wonderful discussions that so often proliferate on this forum. I tend to get carried away with these sorts of things, but we will see how often I end up posting. I will see you around!
There are only two paths - the mind or the sword
And the mind was open like the sights in a dream
But the sword was like a stone around my neck

Re: Hello
November 11, 2013, 06:37:37 PM
Welcome to the asylum.  :D

What kind of tree are you? I've always been fond of these:

Liberalism is moral syphilis.

- Jonathan Bowden

November 11, 2013, 07:59:07 PM
...In the end, however, I have decided to man up and participate. Perhaps I will regret my decision and disappear, but for now I am committed to giving this a shot...

I frequently feel the same way about all this :)
Are you really a tree, or just a group of Irishmen who can't spell Three?
Whatever: welcome to the ubermenschenbahn.

Squawk!

November 11, 2013, 08:29:35 PM
Welcome to the asylum.  :D

What kind of tree are you? I've always been fond of these:
*Willow tree*
Thank you! That is a nice tree.

I am a human. I admire trees, however; they are my role models. I find that plants and animals often provide guidance to me, simply by doing what comes naturally to them.

...In the end, however, I have decided to man up and participate. Perhaps I will regret my decision and disappear, but for now I am committed to giving this a shot...

I frequently feel the same way about all this :)
Are you really a tree, or just a group of Irishmen who can't spell Three?
Whatever: welcome to the ubermenschenbahn.
As stated above, I am neither. Though in fact, I am one partially Irish man!

And thank you!

November 12, 2013, 01:42:21 AM
Hopefully the decaying society stuff isn't perceived as some sort of hopeless final doom. Instead, it is more like change of seasons that each may last a few centuries.

Perhaps we're somewhere in a civilization winter that started around 1790. There's a lot of bleak but there is still some life and light and these will return in full in due course.

Welcome.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

November 12, 2013, 02:33:38 AM
Welcome to the forum my friend, when I finally joined after years of lurking I was left wondering why I didnt do it earlier, so maybe it will be the same for you. Anyway, are you also into metal music?

November 12, 2013, 03:24:37 AM
You sound like a good chap. Cool to have "new" blood around, and you don't seem crotchety - yet!

Related: I wonder how long this forum will be around. I've been around here reading and posting with what I consider moderate frequency (2 accounts total) for the last 8 years. I think the only person who's still around that has me beat is Cynical. So, it's weird to see "3 years"!

November 12, 2013, 04:00:58 AM
There once was a deathmetal forum,
a place somewhat lacking decorum.
With commenters few, just the same shifty crew,
any others unwilling to bore 'em.

Potential new members, take note:
Your comments aren't down to a vote.
You may say what you mean, even if you're a teen,
Settle in and please take off your coat.
Squawk!

November 12, 2013, 04:25:33 AM
Hopefully the decaying society stuff isn't perceived as some sort of hopeless final doom. Instead, it is more like change of seasons that each may last a few centuries.

Perhaps we're somewhere in a civilization winter that started around 1790. There's a lot of bleak but there is still some life and light and these will return in full in due course.

Welcome.
Your stance is new to me. The end of one thing is the beginning of another, I suppose. The world is in constant flux. For me personally, though, it's difficult to envision the other side of this, so I just prefer to not think about it. Less thinking means less worrying about things out of my control.

(but am I being fatalistic?)

Welcome to the forum my friend, when I finally joined after years of lurking I was left wondering why I didnt do it earlier, so maybe it will be the same for you. Anyway, are you also into metal music?
We shall see :)

I am indeed a noble Hessian warrior of death. According to the DLA, my taste is not nearly as impeccable as that of most of you, and a deep understanding of Blessed Are the Sick does not come second-nature to me, but I would be lying if I said that I do not hold Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, The Red in the Sky Is Ours, In the Nightside Eclipse and others in the utmost regards.

You sound like a good chap. Cool to have "new" blood around, and you don't seem crotchety - yet!

Related: I wonder how long this forum will be around. I've been around here reading and posting with what I consider moderate frequency (2 accounts total) for the last 8 years. I think the only person who's still around that has me beat is Cynical. So, it's weird to see "3 years"!
Thank you, hopefully all of the undying brutal honesty around here doesn't make me bitter :P In one sense it really is a breath of fresh air, though, considering that most people would rather dance around the truth with passive-aggressive politically-correct mumbo jumbo than call a spade a spade.

There once was a deathmetal forum,
a place somewhat lacking decorum.
With commenters few, just the same shifty crew,
any others unwilling to bore 'em.

Potential new members, take note:
Your comments aren't down to a vote.
You may say what you mean, even if you're a teen,
Settle in and please take off your coat.
Ha! That was excellent, bravo.

November 12, 2013, 07:00:18 AM
Related: I wonder how long this forum will be around.

A lot longer hopefully, I feel like this place has some unrealized potential that will probably take some years to blossom. I have been lurking the DLA in some form for over a decade now and the magic ingredient this place needs to really come alive is just good metal. So we will see.