Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Do you attend church?

Re: Do you attend church?
November 18, 2013, 09:18:49 PM
Not to mention the positively *astounding* acoustics present in those immense rooms. To hear a pipe organ fill a church with its buzzing, warbling sound is a really majestic experience. I would love to drag my amp in there, crank that fucker up to 11, and slash away all downtuned and ominous riffs. Has there ever been a death metal album recorded in a cathedral? I can understand why if not, but at the same time, I don't see why not!
Not death metal, and not an album recording, but still: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyz12MALbRk
There are only two paths - the mind or the sword
And the mind was open like the sights in a dream
But the sword was like a stone around my neck

November 18, 2013, 11:35:27 PM
I'll go with all six items admin presented in addition to #7, a history of manipulative fraud.

As just one example, lighting bolt indicated Thor, protector of the pagan folk, but instead was transformed to symbolize the Christian enemy as in Lucifer falling from heaven. Christmas was for home, hearth, kinship and cheer, not Jesus. Halloween was a ritual to overcome the sorrow from recently deceased loved ones, not an opportunity to sell candy, costumes and bad movies.

8. Hebrew customs applied over European people. The mismatch delivered us various negative reactions Marxism, feminism and so forth instead of a restoration of old European customs.

November 19, 2013, 04:28:12 AM
How about joining us at 1:00 pm on Fridays to learn about the Warrior Prophet who embodied both ascetic and soldier?

November 19, 2013, 03:59:02 PM
8. Hebrew customs applied over European people. The mismatch delivered us various negative reactions Marxism, feminism and so forth instead of a restoration of old European customs.

Various negative reactions such as the high point of white, western culture. Marxism, feminism etc. stem from Christianity weakened, perverted.

Edit: Sorry forgot, plus J E W S.

November 19, 2013, 05:27:47 PM
They're okay. The problem is oil and water. Both are great but don't mix well.

How about joining us at 1:00 pm on Fridays to learn about the Warrior Prophet who embodied both ascetic and soldier?

Redundant, oil and water again. We already have our own much older pantheon to honor or alternatively, our budding non-anthropomorphic, monistic theology with its hints of Neoplatonism.

November 23, 2013, 02:33:01 AM
I don't go, but I have plans to. I wish to be more like Christ.

I used to go to church when I was younger. After service we would sneak into a storeroom and play on the equipment until we were inevitably made to leave. It was rather fun.

Ah, and who can forget the Room of Doom! Step into our lair at your own risk...
TAH EERF

November 23, 2013, 05:47:33 PM
Crowdism...It's external to the religion itself, which is widely misinterpreted.

I've seen you claim this multiple times, but I've never seen you talk about it further. I'd like you to explain why you think this is so, as I would maintain that what's presented of the Nazarene is a record of him trying to appeal to the LCD of his society at all times. The story is filled with praise of the weak, the sick, and the stupid.

Liberalism is moral syphilis.

- Jonathan Bowden