Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Omens

Omens
November 24, 2013, 11:43:19 PM
Talking about the resurgence of foxes, bobcats, and wolves in the other thread, I know I have seen a resurgence of foxes and coyotes in this neck of the woods as well.  They always existed nearby, but they were never this visible or audible.  Foxes in backyards are something I never witnessed until the last 2 years.  There is a disturbance in the Force.

I read that a month ago a bizarre sea creature washed up on shore and now in retrospect they wonder if this wasn't caused by the same seismic shifts that caused the typhoon.  They claimed the same sea creature washed on shore somewhere preceding that other typhoon that happened several years ago.  I remember I read that one of the indigenous tribes noticed bizarre behavior from the birds and knew that it meant typhoon.  The fish exhibited strange behavior, so the birds exhibited strange behavior, so the tribe acted accordingly.  The tribe took shelter and survived while the oblivious tourists met their fate.

This all makes perfect sense.  Clearly, omens are real.  Once again, most modern intellectuals don't have the least understanding of how primitive or ancient people think.  It is clear that myths do not attempt to explain nature in the sense that science does, which is what is so un-creatively assumed.  It is, rather, that "myths" are stories or concepts that use aspects of nature within the story or concept to explain facts not of a natural order, but a logical order.

Re: Omens
November 24, 2013, 11:53:12 PM
Maybe we're just less attuned to the environment because our attention is on tools, machinery, socializing and illuminated screens, each acting as thick layers of sensory interference. Ironically, a lot of these tools were intended to help us overcome environmental challenges. In a lot of cases, they're just supplanting or displacing one natural challenge leaving us open to be flanked by another for our inattention.

Re: Omens
November 25, 2013, 12:10:38 AM
Good thread. This is tribalism reasserting itself in times of dire danger.
Watch the heavens. Scatter the bones of ancestors. Look for the signs in the patterns of their falling. Intuition over logic. Reverence over science. Earth over man. Creator over created.

Learn from the ones who know, and shun the trained monkeys who carry credentials.
Get out more. Beyond the doings of man.
As far beyond as possible.