Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Night

Night
December 03, 2013, 03:02:23 AM

Re: Night
December 04, 2013, 02:49:24 AM
What is going on in the top photo? Is that a stream of magma?

December 06, 2013, 02:38:50 AM
It's just a camera set to 'exaggerate-everything' mode. But if it weren't exaggerated we might never know it was there to be exaggerated.

December 06, 2013, 03:21:15 AM
I am jealous of insects and birds for their ability to optically sense colors in the ultraviolet spectrum. Cameras can't really get us close, unfortunately, but that is an interesting new view that we wouldn't get any other way.

December 06, 2013, 07:08:57 PM
Larry Niven, my favourite SF author, wrote about a character called Lloobee, an alien who had no eyes, but was able to 'see' in the X-ray band.
Weird stuff, or what?
Squawk!

December 07, 2013, 03:45:53 AM
I've been really lazy recently and have not been very quick about finishing the books in my 'to read' queue.

But I promise that the next book I check out will be some Nevins (assuming it is available at my library).

December 07, 2013, 05:40:20 AM
Profound silence, serenity, and fear.

The supreme essence of night is lost to us "cultured" folk.

December 16, 2013, 11:52:28 PM
Profound silence, serenity, and fear.

As children we learn to appreciate the world of forms and then to fear the darkness of night (because we're afraid of missing our step and bumping into a wall?) As we grow older we sense the inevitability of the end and thus a return to darkness. Our only true friend.

December 17, 2013, 02:37:30 AM
I never had think about it, but is true. What we should fear at night that we shouldn't fear at the daylight?
From Brazil

December 17, 2013, 05:00:12 AM
I never had think about it, but is true. What we should fear at night that we shouldn't fear at the daylight?

The night is full of fearsome things so long as we rely on our sight, which is the only thing that night robs us of. Yet, we our world contains so much more than we can see!

December 17, 2013, 05:18:25 PM
I had a real nightmare, a few nights ago. Haven't had one of those in many years.
There was some tall, humanoid thing, behind the shower curtain, without a head, just waiting for me to open my eyes. So I stubbornly didn't, until finally I did.
Phew!

Silly me. I'll be better off when these painkillers run out.
Hopefully the pain will run out, too.
Squawk!

December 18, 2013, 12:00:12 AM
This is really funny, because, when I was a child, in the shower, when I put shampoo in my hair, I closed my eyes and with no vision, I imagined a incredibly fearsome random creature (they to switch to Samara after I sawed "The Ring") entering in the shower waiting I open my eyes to kill me.

It's impressively relative! Don't you think?
From Brazil

December 18, 2013, 04:52:13 AM
When I have a shower I dance around like an octopus. Sometimes the octopus people send me messages but when the shower water hits my head they can't read my thoughts. So instead I channel onto my face how the octopus king is feeling. He is happy when I am on drugs, I think because it takes away my human power. He is also a very sarcastic man, the octopus king. He says it's the only humour they have left.

I like the night. Going for walks at night is great, especially when manic.

Oh, and also I saw a humanoid creature in the bush the other day. He had a build similar to mine, but more muscular. He was covered in dark fur and looked a bit lion-like. He stared from the bushes in a menacing fashion, but could not leave his hiding place. Perhaps I will see him again when I am walking through the woods. More likely he will find me rather than the opposite, as he seems a keen hunter.

I believe he may be a long-lost King who has gone into hiding.
TAH EERF