Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Profanatica - Thy Kingdom Cum

Profanatica - Thy Kingdom Cum
December 09, 2013, 05:50:45 PM
This album has been added to the Profanatica audiofile thread for those who enjoy filthy blasphemous metal.

I've only given it a couple of spins but it's certainly a hellish listen and another very creative album for the band. Liking it so far!

Re: Profanatica - Thy Kingdom Cum
December 09, 2013, 08:47:19 PM
Thank you very much indeed for this.

December 09, 2013, 09:13:42 PM
No problem. Wasn't hard to find at all.

December 10, 2013, 06:02:00 AM
Yes thank you for the upload!

I was excited to hear this one but i felt it was a bit one-noted...  I heard this coming when they came out with that EP not too long ago, though the sound was pretty massive on that album, its the dedududedudude riffs that are starting to bother me, they aren't as passionately hateful as on their last best album DBAG.  I did only give it one listen but come on, what do you guys honestly think about this one?

December 10, 2013, 09:45:56 AM
Thanks for the upload. And yes I would sort of have to agree with you Parasite, it's a bit too much of the same thing. Though it might grow on me, I doubt if anything will come close to their early stuff.

December 10, 2013, 04:02:54 PM
I thought it was terrible for the first three listens. It's not an immediate album by any means. Now that the imagery has sunk in, I find it to be one of their more compelling outputs, just under Profanatitas but well, well above Dbag. It's also the perfect length for their intentions. It leaves the listener wanting more  without feeling incomplete.

March 05, 2014, 04:10:59 PM
With this album being one of maybe 3 releases from last year that has stuck with me, I've had some time to absorb.

Initially this material and the preceding EP felt dissatifying on the drum front. I was used to Ledney's idiosyncratic almost ritualistic drumming and felt that he became bored or lazy on this album. After many, many, listens I came to understand just how out of place that sort of drumming would sound next to the rest of the music. Awkward and distracting.

The wholly modern production is the best they've had and a high mark for the genre. It manages to remain full and organic while retaining the clarity you expect from a digitally produced and recorded record.

The dedududedudu riffs were off-putting initially but this record isn't about hate. It is a celebration through mockery and arrogance. It jeers more than it is meant to jab. It transcends beauty through darkness for which black metal is known. In my opinion, it was the perfect place to go after DBAG and the last EP for Profanatica.

March 12, 2014, 05:36:35 PM
This is definitely another brilliant Profanatica album. It might even be their best. The constant changing riffs and melody make it a really intense and interesting listen throughout. But I also find that it builds up to the last 3 tracks where things get really epic. In particular the ending riffs on the title track and "Water to Blood" are outstanding. As the melody develops, the atmosphere intensifies and each note has a really "crucial" sound that has me on the edge of my seat.