Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

You have no one to blame but yourselves

You have no one to blame but yourselves
December 15, 2013, 10:22:45 PM
I see a lot of people out there who complain about the condition of human society. Hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands.

How many do anything about it? We're talking half an hour a week of "liking" topics on facebook, making forum posts, writing senators, emailing friends, posting news items to social media, etc.

They can't even do that.

You have no one to blame but yourselves. You're lazy and you're cowardly, and that's why your society is in the toilet. Stop blaming others and accept the fact the burden is on you to fix it. It doesn't matter whose fault it is.

###

Then there are those glorious contradictory examples who volunteer week after week, unsung, and actually change minds. They've done all the good so far, without even lifting a weapon. I am rather fond of them for their clarity, bravery and gentleness. They will always be aglow in my sight.

Re: You have no one to blame but yourselves
December 16, 2013, 12:17:58 AM
Well, not everyone is cut out to be an 'activist'.
And most of the ones who do it, are a screaming pain in the ass.
Humans are, overall, highly overrated on the importance scale.
I watch crows and smile at the kinship of the lowly.

December 16, 2013, 01:53:41 AM
I admit it, I am a lazy ass. Although, I try to do something and not just stare while the world falls in a massive shithole. Phheewww... Actually I do a lot but none of those things are really those ones you can bring up at lunchtable in a cool restaurant middle of the city.

I am antisocial.

Not lazy, although others like to describe me as that.

Everything is my fault.

December 16, 2013, 02:04:50 AM
Don't feel bad.
I wouldn't say it's entirely your fault.

December 16, 2013, 12:32:33 PM
I see a lot of people out there who complain about the condition of human society. Hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands.

How many do anything about it? We're talking half an hour a week of "liking" topics on facebook, making forum posts, writing senators, emailing friends, posting news items to social media, etc.

They can't even do that.

You have no one to blame but yourselves. You're lazy and you're cowardly, and that's why your society is in the toilet. Stop blaming others and accept the fact the burden is on you to fix it. It doesn't matter whose fault it is.

I agree.
I hate that people complain.
all our is fault.
but i like it, i love this decaying world, I hope drop a bomb on us and are all destroyed.

December 16, 2013, 03:43:36 PM
I am more with hell here.

More joy in watching people ruin themselves and fall through the rotten floors of their foundational faiths. Not like I wish them to suffer; they are other people, not so unlike me, after all. It's the same sort of satisfaction I get from watching chunks of ice break off a larger mass and tumble down a waterfall. Yes, it was nice to look at before, but the inevitability of it all falling and breaking is impossible to ignore, and when it does, I feel completion.

I do try to avoid complaining, though. That is difficult if you can't find other like-minded people who also see the futility in complaining. It's like the national pastime now.

December 16, 2013, 06:02:16 PM
I blame leftists

December 16, 2013, 06:15:51 PM
I blame leftists

The following trite comment must be uttered with a British Columbia accent:
"I'm sure they're all really nice people, inside."

December 17, 2013, 12:33:43 AM
I'm at the stage of knowing things can be achieved but am all too often letting negativity get the better of me. It's certainly a difficult balancing act. Still, I never entertained the idea that humanity is inherently doomed and wouldn't bother waiting around if I thought that were the case.

December 17, 2013, 07:02:19 PM

True, but that's not even what I'm asking for. I'm asking for 30 minutes a week of some low-impact activity.

They don't even do that!

It's akin to walking home, seeing a house on fire and thinking, "Shit, the neighborhood's burning down. What a bummer to be me."

And then walking on, doing nothing, cell phone resting unused in the pants pocket.

December 17, 2013, 07:54:28 PM
White man expect many thing. Have phone that beep many time.
White man see lodge burning, make much noise, but do nothing.
Red man not understand white man.
Red man make dance around tipi. Tipi burn good.
Make new tipi.

December 17, 2013, 09:25:22 PM
Some people want to see the world burn.

December 17, 2013, 09:32:24 PM
maybe if the majority of the people would stop doing things, the world would be a better place. They could find joy in breathing instead of shopping and creating useless things.

December 18, 2013, 12:46:30 AM

True, but that's not even what I'm asking for. I'm asking for 30 minutes a week of some low-impact activity.

They don't even do that!

It's akin to walking home, seeing a house on fire and thinking, "Shit, the neighborhood's burning down. What a bummer to be me."

And then walking on, doing nothing, cell phone resting unused in the pants pocket.

...No, it's not like that at all if by "30 minutes a week of some low-impact activity" you mean contribute to Amerika/DM.org.

December 18, 2013, 01:45:40 AM
maybe if the majority of the people would stop doing things, the world would be a better place.

With the world average IQ in the 90s this is probably the best large scale strategy. Unfortunately there is no method for creating compliance.