Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Widening income disparity

Widening income disparity
December 20, 2013, 10:29:30 PM
The future: ultra-rich who invent cool apps like Twitter, and everyone else works at McDonald's, Costco or Walmart. True or false?

Protesters in San Francisco have stopped a bus filled with Apple employees on their way to work. They've also stopped a Google bus in Oakland.

This is the second time this has happened this month. Two weeks ago, protestors stopped a Google bus.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/protesters-an-apple-bus-2013-12#ixzz2o3acvTow

Re: Widening income disparity
December 20, 2013, 11:17:34 PM
This is why I am not a human.
Fuk dat. Arrrk!

December 20, 2013, 11:19:20 PM
Kill the poor and burn their bodies so no evidence is left for future generations. How about that?

December 20, 2013, 11:49:20 PM
How about we all have a discussion about what, exactly, 'The Poor'(tm) is?
Fact is, there aren't any in North America, or any other Western joint.
So what are these people? Individuals who lack things they'd rather not lack?
Maybe they all just want fabulous IT jobs?
Or maybe it's even simpler: free dope and booze, along with a luxury rent-free place, with food laid on, in which to enjoy it all.
Ugh.

December 20, 2013, 11:58:24 PM
"The poor" is a fiction created by Crowdists who believe having a "free" education, "free" housing, and "free" food is an innate HUMAN RIGHT.

Who provides all these "free" adventures is something they don't like to discuss.

December 21, 2013, 12:07:22 AM
When I was young, 'human rights' didn't exist. I - for example - had no rights whatsoever.
This was a bit inconvenient, of course, but it ensured that by and by, I grew up to be a man.
The most noticeable result of 'human rights' is that nobody ever need grow up at all.

December 21, 2013, 01:03:36 AM
A rich person is someone who destroys the environment at a rate of a magnitude higher than a poor person. Foolish rich people don't even have anything to show for it, they just destroy.

Destroy technology, the Dark Ages is comin'!!

--

Human rights... things we're supposed to have, like food and shelter.

Human wrongs... things we're not supposed to have, like mcdonalds and houses.

December 21, 2013, 01:23:53 AM
I don't think you quite get it  :(

December 21, 2013, 06:17:44 AM
In the future, there will be no humans. Whether the mass of the universe gets turned into computronium or not is still up for debate. This "might be" (read: is) an oversimplification.

The income gap kind of spits in the face of the idea of treating people of unequal physical/mental capacity equally, but denying that some elements in society intend to perpetuate the gap or even deliberately worsen it is a mistake; even accepting it and/or participating in it is better.

December 21, 2013, 06:59:01 AM

What's to get?

December 21, 2013, 07:48:13 AM
Human rights... things we're supposed to have, like food and shelter.

Human rights don't exist, outside of a neurotic (human) mind.
We start, and end, with nothing.
Anything else is a bonus, not a right.

December 21, 2013, 03:31:50 PM
What about the human birthright?

Humans are born with muscles to shape wood and dirt and metal, and brains to turn those shapes into tools with which to accomplish tasks. That is a great gift, but not a right.

The real "human right" is responsibility that comes with applying those gifts.

December 21, 2013, 04:32:49 PM
I'd say it is the enterprising who operate either above board or below versus the know nothing, do nothing poor.

Some few of these mythical poor can and do pick themselves up. Some will make it through legitimate entrepreneurship, others through shady dealings until they can operate legally like crack dealer to platinum record rapper.

I'd say it splits along natural ability rather than inherited social class lines. Ability has to exist in order to avoid falling from rich to poor as well. Church, free housing and soup kitchens never get people out of their rut. Only initiative and inventiveness can do that and these qualities aren't socially engineered.

The solution is to breed capable people and to ban the biological poor from reproducing.

December 22, 2013, 12:08:01 AM

I believe what you said about growing up is true.
But I also think that rights and controlling our society (even going against what is "natural" - survival of the fittest within the species) is important for us to survive healthily.  I think the situations in countries like the US where there is an abuse of everything by big corporations (I do not mean Google... I mean the huge banks and what not) have been out of control for decades. They control everything and have directed even the US's foreign policy (a tyrannical and oppressive one for any who does not live inside the US) to favor their greedy interests. 

Sure, it is natural for the strong to survive, but this planet will not survive us (well, it will, but we will destroy ourselves and many other species in a few centuries).  Thing is that you need to understand that the "natural way" is not necessarily the best way, this is a misunderstanding.  Genes only need to keep reproducing, it doesn't matter how much the organism suffers.  Life will favor the strong blindly. There is no natural 'plan'. Things just happen and there are only two outcomes at the end: either we survive or we don't survive.  We have arrived at a time in our evolution were we can take charge of things and steer our own destiny a little more willfully.

December 22, 2013, 12:20:14 AM
It seems we don't drive very well.