Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Root for Ukraine

Root for Ukraine
December 22, 2013, 03:20:04 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-protests-what-you-need-to-know-2013-12

Complaints about police brutality? That's cute. In the US, the dudes on the front-loader would have been gunned down before they got within a block of the police.

Re: Root for Ukraine
December 22, 2013, 05:01:37 AM
If the proles really desire the Ukraine to join the EU, they deserve all their "police brutality".

Hail Russia!

December 22, 2013, 06:52:47 AM
Sometimes I think the EU is an evil thing that deserves destruction.

Other times I think the Lord works in mysterious ways, out of death comes life, so perhaps this is the birth of a holy germanic empire. Only inverted, like everything in modernity.

December 22, 2013, 03:59:06 PM
A great illustration of the gap in understanding between world leaders and their civilians. Important decisions never make sense to the civilians. They suffer and struggle for no reasonable cause. It's fun to watch, sometimes.

December 22, 2013, 06:30:27 PM
If anything, this all just underscores the ongoing struggle between East and West. The old Cold War warms up again. It seems a poor dilemma for some of us to root for either alien Eurasia or decadent liberalism, as if there isn't a viable side to pick.

December 22, 2013, 07:11:31 PM
Just to clarify; you mean that joining the EU is the way of decadent liberalism, correct?

December 22, 2013, 07:22:06 PM
But don't those anarchists look so cool in their kaffiyehs and leather jackets?

December 22, 2013, 07:25:12 PM
But don't those anarchists look so cool in their kaffiyehs and leather jackets?

You can tell they're serious since they all carry smartphones rather than sticks or stones.

December 22, 2013, 07:35:30 PM
Maybe you don't need to be smart, as long as you have a phone that is.

December 22, 2013, 08:25:17 PM
Cell phones now are external brains. For most people I observe, more than half of their total stimulation is received through their digital devices.

December 22, 2013, 08:26:58 PM
If anything, this all just underscores the ongoing struggle between East and West. The old Cold War warms up again. It seems a poor dilemma for some of us to root for either alien Eurasia or decadent liberalism, as if there isn't a viable side to pick.

What is your phobia with Russians? They're linguistically, artistically, religiously, and (mostly) racially European.

If a new Russian Empire is what smashes the EU, I welcome it with outstretched arms.

December 22, 2013, 08:31:41 PM
Hehe: I (reluctantly) have to agree with that :)

December 22, 2013, 08:39:16 PM
What is your phobia with Russians? They're linguistically, artistically, religiously, and (mostly) racially European.

If a new Russian Empire is what smashes the EU, I welcome it with outstretched arms.

Agreed. Russians are a very proud people. And Putin is the man!