Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Come on, Leipzig! Are you dead?

Come on, Leipzig! Are you dead?
December 23, 2013, 02:42:19 AM
Greek philosopher Plato (424/423 BC–348/347 BC) believed that the soul was a pre-existing entity. Therefore, its survival was not dependent on having a body. Plato made a distinction between a soul and an apparition – believing that an apparition was a soul that was weighted down by bodily impurities, impurities taken on while the soul was in the body. Now, he believed that apparitions were able to be seen by the living because of these impurities. Thus, he believed an “apparition” was a ghost.

Another philosopher, and one of the most educated of his time, Plutarch (46-120 AD), was a believer in the supernatural. He went on to argue in the existence of ghosts, stating that even the educated, and great minds from even his past, had given strong reports of encounters.

http://www.burialday.com/blog/athenodorus-ghost

Re: Come on, Leipzig! Are you dead?
December 23, 2013, 03:01:58 AM
Celtic philosopher Crow (1953 - 20?? AD) believes a human does not originally contain a soul, although souls are everywhere, but a human's purpose is to create a soul, from nothing, nurture it, and set it free, to join with the sum of all souls.
This being accomplished, that soul, being everything, everywhere, always, both remains with its creator, to the end of its creator's physical days, while simultaneously being Everything, Everywhere and Always.

A pretty picture, for sure, and the likeliest of all scenarios.

December 23, 2013, 06:24:47 AM
It's a funny thing but I've always said my way of seeing the world makes it impossible for me to ever see ghosts or entities, and yet I never doubt such a thing as a 'soul'. Isn't it obvious? Even if only as some abstract concept, the concept still exists.

December 23, 2013, 03:03:38 PM
Celtic philosopher Crow (1953 - 20?? AD) believes a human does not originally contain a soul, although souls are everywhere, but a human's purpose is to create a soul, from nothing, nurture it, and set it free, to join with the sum of all souls.
This being accomplished, that soul, being everything, everywhere, always, both remains with its creator, to the end of its creator's physical days, while simultaneously being Everything, Everywhere and Always.

A pretty picture, for sure, and the likeliest of all scenarios.

Great Response.
(out of context : 60 old years, wow!!)

It's a funny thing but I've always said my way of seeing the world makes it impossible for me to ever see ghosts or entities, and yet I never doubt such a thing as a 'soul'. Isn't it obvious? Even if only as some abstract concept, the concept still exists.

I agree with that thought.

December 24, 2013, 01:51:46 PM
Celtic philosopher Crow (1953 - 20?? AD)
Are you sure you're not American? You sound quite American to me.

December 24, 2013, 02:40:21 PM
Do you think it possible one might be an American and not know it?
But I have lived in Canada for twenty-five years, and Mexico for five and a half. Maybe some of it has rubbed off.
My mother was a Scots witch, and my father I have no idea about. I suspect Canadian, Irish or maybe even Jewish.
I've spent a total of thirty years in Essex, London and Norfolk, UK, with a twenty-five year gap between ages eighteen and forty-three.
If those numbers don't quite add up, don't worry: my maths skills are seriously rudimentary.
Maybe also a total of two years at sea. Floating around the Pacific.

No. I am not American.
But the really weird thing is my Belfast accent. Haha. It's so authentic that people from there refuse to believe I wasn't born and bred there. Truth is, I've never set foot in Ireland, not in this lifetime anyway.

December 24, 2013, 03:30:44 PM
I think we are born with a seed of a soul but we have to make it grow to make it become a tree with its roots anchored in reality.  Tree philosopher Lost wanderer :)

December 24, 2013, 05:25:19 PM
I think we are born with a seed of a soul but we have to make it grow to make it become a tree with its roots anchored in reality.  Tree philosopher Lost wanderer :)

A seed, yes. Not much, by itself, but with unlimited potential.