Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Lithuanian Black Metal

Lithuanian Black Metal
November 28, 2005, 11:49:51 PM
Does anyone listen to any Lithuanian or other Baltic Black Metal bands like Obtest, Skyforger, Urskumug, Loits (although I don't agree with Loits totalitarian politics) etc.?

Re: Lithuanian Black Metal
November 29, 2005, 10:23:34 PM
there's some pretty solid stuff out there, Skyforger certainly demanding a listen of anyone into folk metal...though most of it isn't certainly original there is stuff worth a listen for anyone into the style. Also I don't see why you'd differentiate lithuania from the rest of the east european countries when it comes to this kind of music - they all sound essentially the same. Skyforger is Latvian, by the way...
Information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom, wisdom is not truth, truth is not beauty, beauty is not love, love is not music, music is the BEST.
~ Frank Zappa

November 30, 2005, 01:17:06 AM
I haven't actually gotten my hands on any baltic BM CD's sadly. I've heard very nice reviews about Skyforger and Swordmaster.

November 30, 2005, 01:45:20 AM
Well I wasn't really trying to differentiate Lith from any other Baltic bands, just a lot that I listen to comes from there. I know they're Latvian, Obtest (my favorite of the bunch) is Lithuanian. All good stuff though...

there's some pretty solid stuff out there, Skyforger certainly demanding a listen of anyone into folk metal...though most of it isn't certainly original there is stuff worth a listen for anyone into the style. Also I don't see why you'd differentiate lithuania from the rest of the east european countries when it comes to this kind of music - they all sound essentially the same. Skyforger is Latvian, by the way...