Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Winter Boozing

Winter Boozing
December 25, 2013, 10:43:38 PM

Re: Winter Boozing
December 25, 2013, 10:47:30 PM
Thanks for reminding me. Now I am not chugging back pills, I can swallow some long overdue Scotch, instead :)

December 26, 2013, 01:44:44 AM
What are the benefits of alcohol?

December 26, 2013, 03:46:15 AM
Maybe you should drink some and then see what you think.

December 26, 2013, 08:08:21 AM
Well, a bit of history would suggest that drinking wine before battle can make the attacking siege army think you're wild maniacs who feast on blood before fighting...

Also it weeds out the Saracens from the infidels :)

December 27, 2013, 01:31:21 AM

Drugs are pretty fun. Alcohol can create a good social atmosphere, reduce inhibitions. Party tiem.

Does it really "kill brain cells"?

December 27, 2013, 02:05:32 AM

Drugs are pretty fun. Alcohol can create a good social atmosphere, reduce inhibitions. Party tiem.

Does it really "kill brain cells"?

Um. Sorry. What was that again?

December 27, 2013, 03:35:02 AM
Brain cells are going to die anyway; might as well make the best of it, right?

Utility of alcohol; increase in appreciation for music, motivation to get shit done, time passes by quickly, better sex with the right amount, easier to socialize with people who are useless tools, reduces nervousness, increases relaxation.

Generally not a great drug, among the many available, but relatively inexpensive and easy to find. Plus, intensity of intoxication is fairly easy to judge and account for, so it is useful in a variety of situations.

January 02, 2014, 05:18:05 AM
Well, a bit of history would suggest that drinking wine before battle can make the attacking siege army think you're wild maniacs who feast on blood before fighting...

Also it weeds out the Saracens from the infidels :)

Tell that to the Turks, Bosniaks, and Albanians who love their drink!  That aside, alcohol does have health benefits in moderation, and is something omnipresent in most food and drink in varying amounts.  Alcohol is simply a by product of bacteria and yeasts, and in some cases, only yeasts, with naturally occurring sugars.  Due to this, it is even present in cultures which abstain from most alcoholic drinks.

You did not need me to tell you this.  If you are adventurous, find a "Chinese Yeast Ball" and mix into some steamed rice to find out what you get after a week or so.