Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Caste systems in internet use

Caste systems in internet use
December 27, 2013, 09:23:35 PM
In Internet culture, the 1% rule is a rule of thumb pertaining to participation in an internet community, stating that only 1% of the users of a website actively create new content, while the other 99% of the participants only lurk.

A variant is the "90𥑯 principle" (sometimes also presented as the 89:10:1 ratio),[1] which states that in a collaborative website such as a wiki, 90% of the participants of a community only view content, 9% of the participants edit content, and 1% of the participants actively create new content.

http:crowdists//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_%28Internet_culture%29

(Link obfuscated. Remove crowdists to activate.)

Re: Caste systems in internet use
December 27, 2013, 10:24:59 PM
Hey don' lay yo' guilt trips on me man, you wanna create content, dass yo' choice.
If'n I wasn' heah readin' dis shit, you' be outta a job, see!
Blah blah...

...groan...
Squawk!

December 27, 2013, 11:55:09 PM
Lurker here! I must be one of the dumb ones!

I don't usually expose myself, but when I do I am bare and ready for the beatin'.

Meh

December 28, 2013, 12:13:53 AM
I just see it as stimulation. One of the few arenas for some interesting conversations with some more or less like-minded people. It's necessary, helpful and sometimes even enjoyable  :P

Castes
December 28, 2013, 02:57:50 PM
I was just thinking about castes. I am not sure about how caste and different ethnic groups work, or caste inside the same ethnic group. But let's consider the latter: In caste systems that passed from generations during great time, how did those castes came up?

How did they form themselves? Why some people became artisans, nobles, governors, warriors, priests, royal family, and stayed that way for generations?

Were the differences merely decided in some time of turmoil, with each person from the same race leaving together and slowly changing the system of society towards the caste model, then slowly forming and settling through the years the peoples and families of the castes?

Was there any similarity or relationship between personality types, intelligence, etc., that related a person to his caste? Was the appearance different?

Was it common for a person to move from his caste, or for a family to go change caste?
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

December 28, 2013, 10:09:29 PM
The nature is with regard to "direct" contribution. You could probably speak similarly with regards to those who create/critique/listen to music (1-9-90).

January 02, 2014, 05:11:48 AM
To be honest, it takes a person with a steel will and intrepid character to keep on persisting in the creation of content in the face of those who constantly criticize.  The people who are blessed in their artistry, however, will have more defenders than detractors, especially when they strive for their art over a long period.