Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Cryptic cover art

Cryptic cover art
January 03, 2014, 12:23:32 PM

When I first saw this I thought it was kind of cheap looking. Now if I look hard enough (a practice I have engaged in many times and that I am quite fond of) it is asthough there's something looking back at me. But maybe you didn't have to look too hard to notice  ;)

Re: Cryptic cover art
January 05, 2014, 10:23:25 AM
While I certainly appreciate your post and had not noticed the Engram cover at all until I read it, I cant help but wondering there was a bit of uh... chemical assistance here ;)

January 05, 2014, 03:35:54 PM
Being chemically unassisted at the moment, I can see what appear to be two faces in the image. One is on the upper-right side and is covered by a an early Roman-style helmet witha nose guard. The other is the face of a woman, with the top of her head covered by the "R". Her hair is long and drapes over her shoulders.

If you are seeing something else, it's not there for me, so may be a matter of chemical assistance. Certainly not knocking chemical assistance. I remember staring for a long, long time at the covers of Left Hand Path and In The Nightside Eclipse after taking shrooms and finding much more detail and meaning than I ever noticed before. Around the same time i also decided that Wolves in the Throne Room had one the most intense logos I'd ever seen.

January 05, 2014, 08:31:56 PM
This cover I was just studying on the cassette version last week. Originally it was a blob and a face, then with the tape 3 faces, now i see possibly 5 or more layered faces- maybe the 'Demon Advance'-  not to mention all the screaming things in the trees, but those are everywhere you look in any tree. Yes I'm almost constantly chemically assisted but they are still there when I'm not. Fantastic fucking album!

January 05, 2014, 09:19:50 PM
My god, I see a third face! Just above the second "E", and he appears to be smiling at me!

January 07, 2014, 12:44:21 AM
While I certainly appreciate your post and had not noticed the Engram cover at all until I read it, I cant help but wondering there was a bit of uh... chemical assistance here ;)

Not that I know of, just natural (non-sped up) serotonin and the good vibes from the music  ;)

January 07, 2014, 01:59:14 AM
Serotonin boosts get me higher than any drug I've ever taken.

I remember one time I was listening to some miscellaneous mix of Burzum and Incantation while working out. I went a good 45 minutes before taking a rest. I lay on my back in the middle of my floor, staring at the ceiling as Onward to Golgotha started its first track. The feeling was like being in a trance. The pulse of my heart was the only restriction on the speed of my thoughts. Of course the music took on a very direct and smothering presence. I was, for all intents and purposes, glued to the floor for the next 20 minutes.

I've listened to a lot of music on a lot of drugs before, and nothing approaches the intensity of that experience.

January 08, 2014, 12:47:43 AM
Hmmm... .. .   

You mean serotonin or endorphin? They're all great anyway!