Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

water and light

water and light
January 05, 2014, 08:11:36 PM
The air temperature is between twenty and thirty degrees. The ground is covered by about seven inches of snow. I have spent the last two-and-one-half hours enjoying it.

As usual, my mind wandered to the microscopic level as I walked a trail through the woods with my lady. I thought, snow is water. The only difference is that snow molecules move more slowly than water molecules. The molecules are the same in terms of atomic configuration. Only the speed of their vibration is different.

Yet, light passes right through water. It does not pass through unscathed, though. It is refracted, showing us the secret of the color spectrum hidden within pure, invisible (but not indivisible) light.

Snow, on the other hand, does not allow light to pass through it. Nevertheless, it still shows us another secret of light; the whiteness of every color combined. For mysterious reasons, the low frequency of vibration in snow molecules blocks all light, showing us the purity of light unrefracted, in it's whole form.

In the microscopic realm, as frequencies increase, the structure of an object as a whole begins to lose its form. At the higher frequencies, solid objects cease to be themselves altogether, becoming liquid, then gas, then something even more mysterious yet.

But, when light interacts with snow, that effect appears to be reversed. The lower frequencies show us a whole that is typically hidden from our eyes!

This day inspires me to praise these mysteries.

Re: water and light
January 05, 2014, 08:37:23 PM
You have a lady? I thought you were intolerably fat?

(The moral being that no matter the content of what you go to the trouble of writing, some douchebag will always negate it with idiot humour).
(Not that this is a bad thing).
(But it can be an annoying thing).
(This is a whole new technique ((teckneek)) of enclosing the meat of a post in brackets, while incidental observations have to stand alone, unparenthesised).

{Great [[post]] by the way}.

January 05, 2014, 08:53:55 PM
Intolerability depend on the individual, no?

But yes I do have a lady. It's not my fatness that tests her limits of tolerance; it is my rants about things like the observability of photonic phenomena arising from interaction with material frequencies. You know how ladies are!

Furthermore, (I'm not fat, dammit)!

January 05, 2014, 08:56:29 PM
One is advised to be humorous about one's physical attributes only while exercising reasonable caution, lest one's humour forever continue to haunt one, there being nothing further one may be able to do about it.
I speak, here, as an expert on such matters.

January 05, 2014, 09:15:33 PM

Tharr she blows!

January 05, 2014, 09:23:04 PM
That thin person must be your lady.
Nice shot!

January 05, 2014, 09:26:02 PM
I just can't win with you.

January 05, 2014, 10:04:40 PM
But you can win with Mrs. Crow. She seems to have a soft spot for you. Here she is:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26554770@N08/11785395073/

January 06, 2014, 02:30:16 AM
I can't view that page unless I sign in, because evidently the page contains ADULT CONTENT!

Don't you know I'm only 17, you freak?

January 06, 2014, 03:45:27 AM
Lol :)
OK it's fixed.

Edit: No it's not >:(

Flickr seems to suck. It looks like it demands everyone become a member to look at anything.
Who knows how to display images here?

Another Edit:
Here she is...
http://i.imgur.com/zd1W5m8.jpg

Thanks to Wild, for the how-to/info.

January 06, 2014, 05:08:39 PM
My my, her beauty is only enhanced by the setting!

I'd rather be in that photo right now than here. Currently I'm dealing with about 25 cm of snow. I'm scheduled to work tomorrow but my ability to move around in my little Honda is totally negated.

January 06, 2014, 05:49:04 PM
The entire world seems to be frozen and buried under snow, while the west coast of Canada is green and damp.
I am beginning to believe that I control the weather: all I need to do is buy spare mag rims and expensive snow tires, and never again will snow come anywhere near me.
It's 1 degree C, this morning. Zero last night. Almost sunbathing weather.

January 06, 2014, 06:45:30 PM
Where is that picture taken from, dead last?

I've always lived in the tropic so such visages belong to the fairy-tale realm in my mind.

January 06, 2014, 07:23:54 PM
That photo was taken on a several-mile-long trail that runs east-west through my city, right on the western border of Indiana, in the Midwest US. The northern border of our state is capped by the Great Lakes, so cold weather from the north blasts down on us most every winter.

It has been a long time since it has been this cold, or this snowy, though.

January 06, 2014, 07:35:46 PM
Lol :)
OK it's fixed.

Edit: No it's not >:(

Flickr seems to suck. It looks like it demands everyone become a member to look at anything.
Who knows how to display images here?

Another Edit:
Here she is...
http://i.imgur.com/zd1W5m8.jpg

Thanks to Wild, for the how-to/info.

Nice rack.