Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Sacramentum - Far Away From the Sun

Re: Sacramentum - Far Away From the Sun
January 12, 2014, 11:54:13 AM
Not sure if that Dawn album is holding up now. Some of it does seem way too repetitive. But I really enjoy the epic feeling of the last track. I think it's good for an occasional listen.

Don't miss out on the second Sacramentum album Coming of Chaos. This is another album that you can keep coming back to for years without it getting boring. It's a bit of a different style to the first album with more death metal and speed metal thrown in the mix but that was probably a good idea when you've already hit gold with your debut. Another A class album.

January 13, 2014, 10:29:26 PM
After Far Away From the Sun, Sacramentum went back to their roots.

I think this band is one of those bands that is so intensely and deeply embedded in its own vision that very few people can form in themselves the desire to want to understand it and figure it out.

This is why it remains a well-known secret: it's over the heads of most people, without trying to be complex, but simply by being honest.

January 14, 2014, 12:22:52 PM
I think this band is one of those bands that is so intensely and deeply embedded in its own vision that very few people can form in themselves the desire to want to understand it and figure it out.

...also its really loud and distorted.

It is only meant for a few people, at most 1/4th of humanity at any given time, in reality a lot less. The roadblocks of metal were deliberate and served their purpose well. Problems always occured from the outside-in.

January 28, 2014, 01:29:42 AM
Just listened to this again the other day and I don't know how or why I could compare it to In the Nightside Eclipse (perhaps the cover art?), it's probably more like a swedish parallel of Immortal if the truth be told. And it's a real shame the majority of black metal didn't take influence from this unique technical melodic style, as there really is a lot to be learned in it. The misinterpreted influence of ultra-minimalist albums like Transylvanian Hunger was probably the worst thing that happened to black metal.

February 07, 2014, 12:17:08 AM
This is a weird parallel but this record is a lot like the Blind Guardian album Imaginations From The Other Side, insofar as instant satisfaction moments are almost completely absent in favor of a deeper and more lasting experience*. Listen to any one minute strech on IFTOS and it will sound boring, but take in the whole album and you will realize that they remember what they played five minutes ago and also know what they will do five minutes ahead. You can say that the songs themselves are the riffs in the album song.

Most similar bands like Dissection failed because they didn't dare to have this patience in songwriting which is a shame because the style has a lot of promise.

* "But this is the case with all good music". Well yes, but an album like e.g. A Blaze In The Northern Sky is good because it's composed of brilliant riffs that also happen to fit together reasonably well; it feels more like a work of intuition which makes it different from the farsighted FAFTS.