Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Turds in the magnetic fields

Turds in the magnetic fields
January 06, 2014, 04:29:44 PM
The study suggests that dogs are sensitive to small variations in Earth's magnetic field. After examining 70 dogs -- made up of 37 breeds -- over two years, 1,893 defecations and 5,582 urinations, researchers found that under "calm magnetic field conditions," dogs preferred to "excrete with the body being aligned along the north-south axis," avoiding east-west altogether.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/2014/01/dogs-poop-in-alignment-with-earths-magnetic-field-study-finds.html

I do the same thing. I just have to use a compass and some math to figure out where to poop. Shame it's in the living room, but it's one of the many sacrifices I make for my art.

Re: Turds in the magnetic fields
January 06, 2014, 07:40:31 PM
This actually helped me a lot. I often wonder about what is random and what is not.

I've been, sometimes, thinking about patterns and, although they're difficult, fractals. An alignement of a living being in his duties with a magnetic line is a sign of planned patterns manifestating on the earth's surface. Actually, "manifesting on the earth's surface" may be a limiting form of expressing it.

January 06, 2014, 07:52:19 PM
Log tables and ready access to trig. points, spot-heights, etc. is far more useful than people generally realize, when they need to take a crap. Such knowledge is rare, these days, with indoor toilets everywhere, arranged willy-nilly.
My rabbit, for example, although not strictly tied to such practice, almost always excretes head to south, tail to north.

January 07, 2014, 01:55:59 PM
I tried pooping in line with the magnetic fields, but my wife said it ruined the living room.