Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Turds in the magnetic fields

Turds in the magnetic fields
January 06, 2014, 04:29:44 PM
The study suggests that dogs are sensitive to small variations in Earth's magnetic field. After examining 70 dogs -- made up of 37 breeds -- over two years, 1,893 defecations and 5,582 urinations, researchers found that under "calm magnetic field conditions," dogs preferred to "excrete with the body being aligned along the north-south axis," avoiding east-west altogether.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/2014/01/dogs-poop-in-alignment-with-earths-magnetic-field-study-finds.html

I do the same thing. I just have to use a compass and some math to figure out where to poop. Shame it's in the living room, but it's one of the many sacrifices I make for my art.

Re: Turds in the magnetic fields
January 06, 2014, 07:40:31 PM
This actually helped me a lot. I often wonder about what is random and what is not.

I've been, sometimes, thinking about patterns and, although they're difficult, fractals. An alignement of a living being in his duties with a magnetic line is a sign of planned patterns manifestating on the earth's surface. Actually, "manifesting on the earth's surface" may be a limiting form of expressing it.

January 06, 2014, 07:52:19 PM
Log tables and ready access to trig. points, spot-heights, etc. is far more useful than people generally realize, when they need to take a crap. Such knowledge is rare, these days, with indoor toilets everywhere, arranged willy-nilly.
My rabbit, for example, although not strictly tied to such practice, almost always excretes head to south, tail to north.

January 07, 2014, 01:55:59 PM
I tried pooping in line with the magnetic fields, but my wife said it ruined the living room.