Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Who are the pests?

Re: Who are the pests?
January 10, 2014, 02:36:31 AM
Tigers evolved a set of adaptions that aide them in the hunt. The Tiger, like most form of feline, silently stalks its prey until the opportune moment arises whereupon it leaps from cover and delivers death's knell to the unsuspecting victim. The prey often doesn't see it coming, not unlike a hunter who might use an arrow or bullet to take down his meal. Is the Tiger a dishonorable creature?
The tiger is acting out of necessity. Furthermore, he/she doesn't understand the concept of honour, so it's quite irrelevant trying to attribute the words honorable or dishonorable to a tiger. The question makes as much sense as if you had asked about the tiger's ability to solve differential equations.

I think I will take the advice of others and leave it at that, unless anyone asks a direct question. On the idea of synthesis, perhaps this has been achieved to an extent as we have identified the key differences in political views that would prevent many here from agreeing with my position.

January 10, 2014, 04:25:30 AM
Quote from: crow
Discussions are good, but emotions are better left to emos.-

Hm, I hadn't drawn the connection to emotions, but you could be right.

I would say emotions are better left to art, to be controlled by the one who experiences, and left to fuel.

The problem with arguments, is that generally neither party is really listening to the other. They scan the other person's view for somewhat strawmanned (i.e. not what was really being expressed) versions of the arguments, so they can auto-strike and strengthen their own view, and perhaps to "convert" the malleable to reason as they do.

I find that usually, all that is going to be said will be said at the start and then reiterated. Something like: thesis -> anti-thesis -> thesis -> anti-thesis, ad infinitum, rather than the much more efficient: thesis -> anti-thesis -> synthesis.

Without a synthesis of views, what is the point?

(I do see the holes in the synthesis view, such as falling into compromise and lowest common denominator opinions, and counter-productive "progress")

I got ya;

There is nothing wrong with being sexist, racist, speciesist, or with killing a human, or an animal, or yourself, for whatever reason.

There are, however, repercussions.

Synthesis.

Morality is like a house. We need a house to live in*, but the one we're living in at the moment is poorly constructed and falling apart. Just tear the fucker down and start again.

* ya know, for the sake of the analogy I mean

January 10, 2014, 07:14:53 PM
I sometimes wonder if there is anybody left who has any idea of how to build a house, or of what sort of investment in work and resources that might entail.
I often hear people claiming that having a house is everybody's 'human right'.
Such people usually seem unable to cook an egg for themselves, let alone build a house.

January 10, 2014, 08:33:44 PM
I could build a house, but it woulld be small, drafty, unpowered.

I could, however, cook a mean egg. That is my main breakfast. Paired with a huge cup of coffee, I am read to rock.

January 10, 2014, 11:39:56 PM
I am read to rock.

Ja! I also am read to ze rock!

January 11, 2014, 12:41:56 AM
I'm not gonna take your shit, man, it's been below freezing here for a week and I've only been able to post via my phone browser. So I either have gloves on (fatfinger) or deadened nerves in my fingers.

January 11, 2014, 05:08:40 AM
(fatfinger)

FAT eh?

January 11, 2014, 05:50:05 AM
(fatfinger)

FAT eh?

Careful now. He won't take your shit, either :)

January 11, 2014, 06:00:54 AM
It's ok we're all prozak anyway.

January 11, 2014, 09:31:50 AM
I have AIDS

January 11, 2014, 08:20:20 PM
I have AIDS

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon!

January 11, 2014, 08:44:00 PM
I think he means Acute Identity Dissemination Syndrome.

January 11, 2014, 09:43:08 PM
That's what AIDS is, isn't it?

January 11, 2014, 10:46:43 PM
That is the particular strain found in this forum Prozak.

January 11, 2014, 11:05:49 PM
Maybe I find a reason why to be vegan.  Life is a give and take. We can say that if you live by the sword, you will die by it, so to speak. Or the hunter will be the hunted. So if you kill an eat an animal, your bound to be eaten yourself. If you take it to a metaphorical or spiritual level, you are being eaten by god or by life, whatever you call it. So if you don't want that, you got to stop killing in order to escape that realm of death and suffering. The first step is to not killing animals, the second is to not kill a plant and just eat fallen fruits or a little bit of nectar without killing the tree or plant. It would be the perfect symbiotic living.

You can have this goal, escape the food chain and go to another spiritual realm or remain in the food chain,( the humans being a superpredator int this system) and remain forever in this bloody realm. But as we are super predator, the turn of the wheel is ought to be violent. It's a choice that we can make and I think that in itself, the both are valid  but we can't have both ways.