Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Every hipster band loves indie rock

Every hipster band loves indie rock
January 08, 2014, 03:30:10 PM
What kind of music would you say has influenced your own work?
“All of it. When I first started I suppose my main inspiration was a mixture of Darkthrone, Judas Iscariot, Krieg, Burzum, Swans and some indie stuff like Red House Painters, Mogwai and Radiohead. Now? Everything. Everything I listen to, anyway – from jazz and afrobeat to electronica, ambient, noise and experimental music, to metal, hardcore, hip hop, pop and rock etc etc.”

http://www.terrorizer.com/news/botd/caina-band-day/

中文地区的Hessian请加入我们:
幽谷:DMU中文版
www.innersociety.org

Re: Every hipster band loves indie rock
January 09, 2014, 02:55:59 PM
I have read so many interviews from bands in the 90's where the interviewer would ask them about their non-metal listening, and they would pretty always say that, yes, they like that music, but it doesn't infect their current band because it doesn't fit their concept. I don't want to hear black metal mixed with jazz, indie, folk, shoegaze, dubstep, trip hop, crap pop, whatever. Less is more.

Re: Every hipster band loves indie rock
January 10, 2014, 12:24:25 AM
Seeing the world ass-backwards is the default mind-state of this entire generation. How hard is it to just to say "I like anything that has 100% effort resulting in 100% quality" or even just "anything that sounds fucking badass!" ?

Of course if your band sucks only an idiot could give a fuck what your opinion is anyway.