Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Every hipster band loves indie rock

Every hipster band loves indie rock
January 08, 2014, 03:30:10 PM
What kind of music would you say has influenced your own work?
“All of it. When I first started I suppose my main inspiration was a mixture of Darkthrone, Judas Iscariot, Krieg, Burzum, Swans and some indie stuff like Red House Painters, Mogwai and Radiohead. Now? Everything. Everything I listen to, anyway – from jazz and afrobeat to electronica, ambient, noise and experimental music, to metal, hardcore, hip hop, pop and rock etc etc.”

http://www.terrorizer.com/news/botd/caina-band-day/

Re: Every hipster band loves indie rock
January 09, 2014, 02:55:59 PM
I have read so many interviews from bands in the 90's where the interviewer would ask them about their non-metal listening, and they would pretty always say that, yes, they like that music, but it doesn't infect their current band because it doesn't fit their concept. I don't want to hear black metal mixed with jazz, indie, folk, shoegaze, dubstep, trip hop, crap pop, whatever. Less is more.

Re: Every hipster band loves indie rock
January 10, 2014, 12:24:25 AM
Seeing the world ass-backwards is the default mind-state of this entire generation. How hard is it to just to say "I like anything that has 100% effort resulting in 100% quality" or even just "anything that sounds fucking badass!" ?

Of course if your band sucks only an idiot could give a fuck what your opinion is anyway.