Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Most black metal is fake

Re: Most black metal is fake
February 03, 2014, 11:47:12 PM
"Cold, unyielding, poisonous, dark. Black metal is anti-human, black metal is anti-you. And at this point in history if it were to take any less of a stance it wouldn't even be real."

Apparently this guy had some radio station and he's relatively unknown, but I've heard of him. 8)

On a related note: why were certain legendary KCUF episodes never uploaded on youtube? People were talking about doing promo videos a year or two ago (or longer) but since there's no time limit for videos anymore why not upload old radio streams?

February 04, 2014, 12:13:06 AM
Some of the riffs are nice too, even on Prometheus, but the final product...

Both those albums are without focus, but am I the only one who thought Anthems was kind of decent? Sure it's not essential like previous works, and has some shitty moments where the whole thing descends into a blur of noise, but the last half of the album (especially "With Strength I Burn") is really quite good IMO.

I used to listen to Anthems a lot, but I don't remember that I had heard it thoroughly without falling asleep.

Start the disc on track 5, that''s what I always do.

In some ways it's fantastic but the fact that they just couldn't pull it together on the whole makes it even worse than their last two albums which are just outright embarrassing at times. I really believe the solution to a lot of failed followup albums would have been to revert back to a darker, faster and heavier style or just jump ship altogether and make folk ballads or ambient synth music.

February 04, 2014, 06:27:25 AM
I'd still put it way ahead of IX Eq, that one was the pit for me. Remember that Pantera sounding song, "The Warriors of Modern Death"? The worst moments on Anthems are a fucking artistic goldmine next to that.

Prometheus just sounds like it was made by robots; its not even a factor.

February 07, 2014, 01:09:21 PM
Well yes, it's way better overall, but somehow that wrong-turn they made in the desert is worse than what happens next. It's that wrong turn that matters if you know what I mean.

Also, I did listen from track 5 onwards and I do know what you mean. This could have been great had they played it faster, ditched the emo lyrics and combined that with the Zyklon-B material.

February 07, 2014, 09:16:54 PM
I dislike The Loss and Curse of Reverence, it is sort of the symbol of Emperor`s decline for me, but I suppose I see what you mean dawn. Still, I cant do it. On Ix my breaking point was that Icaros song, its where I figured the band was unsalvageable (heard it before Anthems). After ItNE they should have gone back to something like Wrath of the Tyrant imo. Simpler songs with long, slowly elaborating (but sawing and nihilistic) melodies.