Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Obama: Pot no more dangerous than alcohol

Obama: Pot no more dangerous than alcohol
January 20, 2014, 12:22:43 AM
President Obama says marijuana use is no more dangerous than alcohol, though he regards it as a bad habit he hopes his children will avoid.

"As has been well documented, I smoked pot as a kid, and I view it as a bad habit and a vice, not very different from the cigarettes that I smoked as a young person up through a big chunk of my adult life,'' he said in a magazine interview. "I don't think it is more dangerous than alcohol."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/01/19/obama-marijuana-not-so-bad/4649883/

Re: Obama: Pot no more dangerous than alcohol
January 21, 2014, 06:06:08 AM
Good thing he isn't a medical scientist.

Pot is increasingly being correlated with mental illness.

January 21, 2014, 11:21:08 AM
Yes. But strangely enough it also contains a chemical called CBD, which is actually thought to have some anti-psychotic properties among other things.

January 21, 2014, 11:30:17 AM
And by the way my modern history books would indicate that Hitler was an IV methamphetamine user which makes him even worse in the mob's humble opinion. Obama just used a little bit of pot to help chill out not wage a fuckin' BLITZKRIEG on people so I don't see what the problem is.   ???

January 21, 2014, 12:30:21 PM
And by the way my modern history books would indicate that Hitler was an IV methamphetamine user which makes him even worse in the mob's humble opinion. Obama just used a little bit of pot to help chill out not wage a fuckin' BLITZKRIEG on people so I don't see what the problem is.   ???

I've read that too!

Bit of speed never hurts when your commanding a Reich, I'm sure.

January 21, 2014, 02:02:09 PM
The problems with drugs are:

1. Long term drift from reality
2. Time wasted on drugs, side effects, procurement, etc.

The solution is to turn New Orleans into a scumbag city where all behaviors are legal and then ship anyone found using drugs to there.

January 21, 2014, 02:17:15 PM
Good thing he isn't a medical scientist.

Pot is increasingly being correlated with mental illness.

Everyone knew forever what pot does to people. Take the stereotypes and take them at face value, lo and behold you have tomorrow`s science.

January 21, 2014, 03:23:02 PM

The solution is to turn New Orleans into a scumbag city where all behaviors are legal and then ship anyone found using drugs to there.

Moderation. Pot isn't enjoyable, personally, but it kick started some serious introspection in a young me. Of course, you have to go over those conclusions once again after you sober up but there was lasting value gained.

There's no sense in sending otherwise functional members of your community to a drug haven. If they are those drop out amateur dealers who spend their time selling drugs to get drugs, then pack their bags.

January 21, 2014, 03:25:52 PM

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2175074585/

January 22, 2014, 12:30:36 AM
This press release was calculated to shore up his constantly deflating popularity with the sort of constituents who always support this caliber of politician anyways. They've had six years to implement some actual improvements.

Instead, they settle for merely appeasing the stupid with hope, change and stale anecdotes about dope while pissing off the rest of America by leaving broken systems worse off than when they found them. What better illustration of incompetence is there?

"I've got a pen and I've got a phone -- and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions that move the ball forward," Obama said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/20/ive-got-pen-obama-raises-hackles-with-executive-action-push/

January 22, 2014, 05:39:58 AM
From a pharmaceutical stance, using relatively raw, untreated cannabis as opposed to purified extracts of the various chemicals contained within seems risky and prone to dangerous side effects.

More relevant, perhaps, is that the marijuana subculture (a distorted, moaning image of which becomes apparent when you watch Hollywood "stoner" media) is one that treats the stuff as little more than the pleasure lever in a Skinner box. If there's a meaningful, mind-expanding use for marijuana, it's not what your average person wants.

January 23, 2014, 12:51:07 AM
From a pharmaceutical stance, using relatively raw, untreated cannabis as opposed to purified extracts of the various chemicals contained within seems risky and prone to dangerous side effects.

No joke? How did you find this out?

January 23, 2014, 04:08:49 AM
They don't bother to distill tobacco down to nicotine. Nicotine is already toxic by itself. I don't know if that's the case for THC or not but there was a report about the increasing likelihood of schizophrenia surfacing among dedicated potheads.

So here we have a supposed champion of national health care (the not the professional practice but the mode of redistributing payment) who is by the way cool with allowing mental health problems to spread. If he's simply uninformed, that doesn't suggest a very competent administration. If popularity is paramount, then maybe they're only competent in ways the country just doesn't need.