Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Slayer touring with Suicidal Tendencies and Exodus

SLAYER, WITH SPECIAL GUESTS SUICIDAL TENDENCIES AND EXODUS, TO HIT THE ROAD

Slayer will take a break from writing and recording their next album to hit the road on May 9 for a handful of dates intended to pummel devotees with a night of moshing and frenetic thrash-punk-metal. Joining Slayer as Special Guests for these shows are Suicidal Tendencies and Exodus, marking the first time Slayer and Suicidal have toured together since the 1990 European "Clash of the Titans" tour. Gary Holt, who continues to fill in for Slayer's fallen guitarist Jeff Hanneman, will do double-duty as guitarist in his primary band, Exodus.

FAN CLUB PRE-SALE
There will be a pre-sale for members of Slatanicwhermacht.com. The pre-sale opens Wednesday Jan. 22 at 10AM and ends Thursday Jan. 23 at 9AM local time. Members click here for more info on the pre-sale and how to participate.

If you are not a member but would like to join and participate in the pre-sale, here are the membership details and how to join.

May 9 The Great Saltair, Salt Lake City, UT
May 10 Fillmore, Denver, CO
May 11 Shrine, Billings, MT
May 13 Uptown Theatre, Kansas City, MO
May 15 The Pageant, St Louis, MO
May 16 Eagles Ballroom, Milwaukee, WI
May 17 Rock on the Range, Columbus, OH

http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=6158%7c725%7c17547%7c6959&digest=BlriwcxtVSpLz8kIOGBwDA&sysid=1

Title should be Gary Holt plays circus guitar on The Kerry King Show (w/ Tom Arraya).

This tour better come out to the east coast - seeing Holt with Slayer was awesome.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

Wish they would have had this lineup when I saw 'em. Had to sit outside during 4arm and Gojira. Intolerable.

I lost track of Exodus after Force of Habit and ST after How Will I Laugh... I'd suppose they along with Slayer drifted toward the new way of making metal around those years when Divine Intervention was released.

Do many dedicated fans attend just for the old material nostalgia? I remember a time when that wasn't even a concept.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

just need POSSESSED on tour for the perfect line up, HA!!

I lost track of Exodus after Force of Habit and ST after How Will I Laugh... I'd suppose they along with Slayer drifted toward the new way of making metal around those years when Divine Intervention was released.

Do many dedicated fans attend just for the old material nostalgia? I remember a time when that wasn't even a concept.

Yeah a lot of them do, myself included. New Slayer isn't so bad - World Painted Blood and Christ Illusion have some good tracks. New ST is pretty crappy all around, I think How Will I Laugh Tomorrow is their last gasp. They went funk metal or whatever after that. New Exodus is abysmal, especially the singer - though the comeback album in 2004 was less bad than what came after.

Still hoping to see this tour though despite newer shitty material.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

I did. Fortunately they limited their set list to material from Seasons and back. Seasons is barely worth listening to on its own but after that album, nothing is worth it.