Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

What happened to Ildjarn

What happened to Ildjarn
January 25, 2014, 10:38:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thesortvokter/about

"Ildjarn works as a schoolteacher in BÝ, Telemark. He lives a fairly minimal and basic life, not indulging in anything but biking and nature. Me, I've had plenty to deal with other than music for a decade know, being a dad since 2002. Still have some unreleased tracks which were meant for other projects entirely in the style of orchestrated symphonic ambient. Perhaps I'll pick it up when my hair turns grey. Thanks for listening." Quote from Nidhogg.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DyoslvSnuA

Also interesting comment about the recent "Ildjarn"/Hate Forest split: "Well, I listened to some tunes again, and I don't like all of them too much, you could say my suspicions of this not being iLDjARN are strenghtened."

http://www.youtube.com/user/Thesortvokter/discussion

Re: What happened to Ildjarn
January 25, 2014, 11:32:16 PM
Do we have any confirmation that this fellow is Nidhogg?

January 26, 2014, 01:39:21 AM
As elusive as Vaer is, I know absolutely nothing about this Nidhogg fellow and as far as I know he has never been identified. I dont see what possible way there would be of confirming that its him in light of that except to take the channel and the statements at face value. At face value I find it credible. Not the first metal musician to turn to teaching.

January 26, 2014, 05:45:23 PM
Teaching is the last thing it seems like Vaer would ever do. Judging by the "Ildjarn's final statement" essay, he was not a fan of humans at all. Why would he think teaching children is a reasonable path for him? Maybe he just wants to get close to teenage girls? And, judging by Ildjarn's statements in other interviews, Nidhogg was not a very respectable man. I recall him saying Nidhogg was "an alcoholic and drug-worshipper".

I don't know. Seems pretty sketchy.

January 26, 2014, 06:00:07 PM
Pure conjecture, so forgive me:

-Why would he want to teach? Because children are not adults and because one needs a living. Anyway, people change. I always considered his misanthropic statements to be exaggeration. Even if they were not, I dont think that is a stable position and it is bound to lead to something else. You cant avoid humans and human society entirely, teaching kids in the near-wilderness seems to be a good compromise considering that.

-Alcoholic and drug-worshipper: This sounds like an extreme statement from one who deliberately keeps away from such things. Also once again, people change, if only in their habits and the man says he had a kid which seems like enough impetus. Perhaps he renounced these? After all the phrase could apply to the man behind this site if admitted portions of his life are true (at the time).

-I think the man is a little old for teenage poon.

I have no solid argument to offer though, just gut feeling.

January 27, 2014, 01:58:37 AM
Gut feeling tells me it's legit. At any rate, I really hope he gets back into music, either with or without Ildjarn. Hardangervidda was a big improvement over Landscapes, so I think he would have some natural talent.