Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Deceased getting turned into diamonds

Deceased getting turned into diamonds
January 27, 2014, 04:59:50 AM
Swiss company Algordanza takes cremated human remains and — under high heat and pressure that mimic conditions deep within the Earth — compresses them into diamonds.

Rinaldo Willy, the company's founder and CEO, says he came up with the idea a decade ago. Since then, his customer base has expanded to 24 countries.

Each year, the remains of between 800 and 900 people enter the facility. About three months later, they exit as diamonds, to be kept in a box or turned into jewelry.

http://www.npr.org/2014/01/19/263128098/swiss-company-compresses-cremation-ashes-into-diamonds

Reliable, elegant and memorable probably indicates Swiss invention.

Re: Deceased getting turned into diamonds
January 27, 2014, 06:28:23 PM
Great idea! What a space-saver.
Worthless in life, but marginally less-so in death.
Wow.

January 27, 2014, 08:23:54 PM
better yet, you can turn yourself into ammunitions.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-09-29/cremation-ashes-ammunition-guns-Holy-Smoke/50610712/1

Even in death you can continue to kill someone :)

February 03, 2014, 11:18:18 PM
Diamonds are overrated crap as jewelery. But one good way to use diamonds is for record player needles. And I guess that would be a fitting ending for someone who's been crazy about music all his life. But I'd hate to meet someone who turned their dead lover into a diamond ring or something. As if people weren't materialistic and shallow enough yet.

February 04, 2014, 12:01:18 AM

February 04, 2014, 03:14:53 AM
while we're about diamonds, what about soul diamonds?

The Ten Innermost Jewels

Four entrustments:

Entrusting one's mind and thoughts to the attainment of enlightenment.

Entrusting one's life to life as a beggar.

- Accepting poverty.

Entrusting one's life to life as a beggar to death

- Not holding any hopes and dreams of success.

Entrusting one's life to a barren cave.

- Accepting that society regards you as an enemy, and will make no place for you.

Three diamond-like convictions:

To be stalwart towards hindrances caused by friends and relatives.

To disregard the opinion of worldly people.

- No matter whether they call you a madman or a saint.

To firmly guard one's practice.

Three changes in one's living status:

Expulsion from the ranks of men.

Finding oneself among the ranks of dogs.

Attaining divine ranks.''

http://www.theabsolute.net/minefield/poison.html

February 04, 2014, 03:12:50 PM
while we're about diamonds, what about soul diamonds?

The Ten Innermost Jewels

Four entrustments:

Entrusting one's mind and thoughts to the attainment of enlightenment.

Entrusting one's life to life as a beggar.

- Accepting poverty.

Entrusting one's life to life as a beggar to death

- Not holding any hopes and dreams of success.

Entrusting one's life to a barren cave.

- Accepting that society regards you as an enemy, and will make no place for you.

Three diamond-like convictions:

To be stalwart towards hindrances caused by friends and relatives.

To disregard the opinion of worldly people.

- No matter whether they call you a madman or a saint.

To firmly guard one's practice.

Three changes in one's living status:

Expulsion from the ranks of men.

Finding oneself among the ranks of dogs.

Attaining divine ranks.''

http://www.theabsolute.net/minefield/poison.html

Started reading this out of curiousity, got from the beginning to this quoted section. Veeeeeery interesting stuff.

February 04, 2014, 06:01:28 PM
And so very true. Who has such courage, not to mention such conviction?

February 05, 2014, 12:37:21 AM
Started reading this out of curiousity, got from the beginning to this quoted section. Veeeeeery interesting stuff.

Wait till you see what he has to say about women!

crow if you are not familiar with Kevin Solway you should check that link out, the man shares a lot with you.

Our corpses are not ours to desecrate. Bury and forget. Return them to the earth instead of turning them into more product.

February 05, 2014, 01:17:09 AM
Interesting link. Read a bit of it, reads like a more martial Nietzsche. Going to read more later.

Hey, I found a youtube channel of his. Awesome, more material to mull over - he's pretty intriguing. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/KevinSolway

February 06, 2014, 11:00:15 PM
I suggest that instead of God being Truth (as Christians proclaim), Truth is God - and that the Truth has many names.

On christianity:
When a religion is small and newly formed we call it a madcap cult; though when it becomes established it qualifies as a bona fide religion. What then are religions if not large and dangerous cults?

Christianity is a monster madcap cult, made up of desperately selfish people. Their "compassion" is a crudely disguised form of self-love, and their "peace" involves an intense hatred of whatever threatens it.

May 12, 2014, 01:05:31 PM
Its a Diamondistic Kingdom.

To turn an infection into beauty. That's well determined. But it does comes with some guilt and shame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFRFKAfeMn4

May 13, 2014, 11:52:43 PM
To all the "spiritual guys" in the forum:

I have been seen this Kevin Solway (theabsolute.net videos), and have posted the following comments on his video about death:

Der Solway,

While I do not have strong beliefs about this stuff, I tend to think there is Some Kind of continuation of consciousness after death. What I do not understand about this particular video (I'll watch more videos of you) is if you tend to think that as well or, as it seems from this video, that you DO NOT KNOW and so you stick with what can be known, that reality continues and so do the effects of our actions. Do you agree with what I said? That you do not know what happens after death (to claim so would be unscientific since no-one who claims it has died).

As for myself, I think about what we were Before Life and I see no evidence to say that we WERE NOT before life. We can't even remember stuff that happened when we were 2 or 1 years old. If there was something before we were born, it is natural that we do not remember. Also, I think about the moment, in the view of materialists, when the non-sentient being became sentient. If we posit no kind of consciousness (or something similar but far more superior to consciousness as we know it, not a being) existed before the sentient beings, then we have to postulate some kind of "magical explosion" that turned the non-conscious into sentient. So for me it is easier to believe that there is some kind of supra-consciousness (no need to be a being or personal), where we came from and to where we will return.

If there is no spirit, supra consciousness, atman, call it whatever you like, than what is it that gives sentience? How does a bunch of non-sentient materials organize themselves into sentience? Where does the sentience came from? Is a plant more sentient than a rock, or is it not sentient at all? Did the aspects of things like wind, fire, water, ice, etc. exist as "nothingness" before sentient beings appeared to notice them? Isn't that solipsism?

Note that I am not invoking the "god of the gaps". I am showing the gaps, and am showing my musings on them, my opinions on what seems reasonable (although reality does not seem always reasonable. Reason is a recent development on evolutionary processess and there is no reason to suppose it is infallible and the only form of truth/knowing truth). I tend to think as I exposed here, but I am not religious or dogmatic

--
Adding some more: People who claim some kind of independent mind (not a mind like ours, not a being necessairily, if it is superior to our understanding it will seem like a supermind), among whose people we can count many geniuses, not only ignorant monks, are certainly aware of the states of mind that happen when the brain is affected (alzheimers, brain damage, drugs, etc...). Even in antiquity of course they had much contact with damaged brains of all kinds and could associate the blow to the head with the mental state that followed. So showing that afecting the brain affects mind is not convincing enough because most rational people who believe in spirit know this.

What I'm getting at with these posts is, when you say that no kind of continuation exists after death and give by example the physicality of the brain affecting mental states, you are not denying the transcendental mind, because Of course a transcendental mind would, by its very nature, transcend the brain.

If the Infinite is All There Is, how come you claim There Is Not (No-thing) after death? Again, for the persona yes, the consciousness is probably destroyed, but from what I gather you make it sound like what continues is only the "external world", while absolutely nothing of individual spirit (atman) that was having this experience on earth carries on, when I feel it is more accurate to say WE DON'T KNOW what it is like when our human consciousness is annihilated (there may be unknown superior form of self).

No one is saying that mental states are not affected or destroyed, well some people are, but the rational people who believe in some supra-mind are not. They are saying that this "supra" is not affected by any of this. If you have not died, you cannot claim to know what it's like. You can't say it is like when before you were born because you can't remember that (you can't even remember when you were 6 months old, but you were there). You can't say it's like when we lose consciousness because we never do: While we are alive, we never lose our consciousness, otherwise we would die. You can't say it is like when you are in a coma because a person is alive while in coma, and some of them come back. A doctor can even say: He/she may or may not come back.

If the person does not come back and the family decide to turn of the machines, the person then will die, THEN will come death and the "nothingness" (a non-scientific afirmation, nobody has experienced this nothingness) or whatever it is. If the person comes back, he comes back. So you can see before dying, no one has experienced DEATH. They have experienced SENSORY DEPRIVATION, CONSCIOUSNESS DEPRIVATION. Consciousness is not the same as citta.

So it cannot be said that death is one and the same with consciousness and sensory deprivation, because only the last two HAVE been experienced by people, the other (death) HAS been experienced, but we cannot be sure if anyone (ghost) has really communicated and told what it is like.

These are just musings. I am 24 years old. You obviously have more life experience and study. That does not mean you can't be wrong.

If possible, I would like to stay in touch about these matters.

While I admit not being a student of buddhism yet, I know this quote is real and it i'm pretty sure it is from the buddha:

'There is a not-born, not-become, not-created, not
formed. If there were not this not-born, not-become,
not-created, not-formed, then an escape from the
born, the become, the created, the formed could not
be known'."

other translation:

“There is, an unborn, an unoriginated, an unmade, and an unformed. If there were not monks, this unborn, unoriginated, unmade and unformed, there would be no way out for the born, the originated, the made and the formed.

Thanks for the attention

--

I would like to know your opinion on this, after death, I will post some texts and videos by someone I feel is superior intellectually and in truth to Solway.

May 14, 2014, 02:33:39 AM
From experience I can say this:
Death is no end, as long as consciousness has become known, in life.
Consciousness is what creates soul. Soul is the only thing small enough to survive biological decay.
It is, in fact, indestructible and uneraseable.

Yet this consciousness that is soul, is conscious in a way that the human mind never is, and never can be.
Enlightenment is what happens when one experiences one's soul, directly, while the mind is comatose.
It is not a human thing at all, but although it is inhuman, it is far, far superior in every way, to anything a human can know in life. Except, of course, that the 'five senses' no longer apply.

Life is about sensory stimuli. That is its great appeal and beauty.

After life is about primordial unity and order.

Therefore, having known enlightenment - an actual preview of death - one is only too happy to return to the living, and live like never before.

So, yes: consciousness survives death, as long as it existed in life.
And no: consciousness does not magically happen at death, if it was never achieved in life.

It does, however, seem to me, that everyone gets one last chance, as death occurs, to either go willingly to it, thereby gaining instant consciousness, or to resist in fear and terror, thereby dying completely and forever.

Heaven is life. Hell is death. Both exist while being alive.
Consciousness is life. Unconsciousness is death. Both are present upon physical death.
One gets to use one's freedom of choice.