Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What is love?

What is love?
January 27, 2014, 09:12:21 PM
I may be stupid, but I don't think I know what love is. What is love?
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine

Re: What is love?
January 27, 2014, 09:16:53 PM
For every what is X where X is some human attribute the answer is always the same. It's just another evolutionary means to survive, propagate and/or prosper.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

January 27, 2014, 10:41:36 PM
I may be stupid, but I don't think I know what love is. What is love?

Gettin' crazy, anticipatin' Luuhuuv and Mhuusik. Bay bay baaaaybe!

With the wealth of dumbass love songs written about love, it should be somewhat clear to those who haven't experienced it.

January 28, 2014, 12:36:22 AM
Connection.

A purpose beyond the self.

January 28, 2014, 01:06:01 AM
Ok.

If you really must know ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwq461GHZGs

January 28, 2014, 01:29:59 AM
Whatever happened to pack gerbils, lubricant and vacuum cleaner hoses?
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

January 28, 2014, 10:40:58 PM
I have always thought the Biblical definition in Corinthians was pretty decent;

"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."

Interesting how this version of translation juxtaposes "truth" with "evil". Aside from that semantic liberty, this definition seems pretty straight to me.

January 28, 2014, 11:24:34 PM
Evil is the exact opposite of Truth. Evil is what happens when truth is cast away.
Evil, therefore, is the easiest of things to find. Whereas truth requires the effort of perseverance.
Squawk!

January 29, 2014, 02:39:47 AM
I have always thought the Biblical definition in Corinthians was pretty decent;

"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."

Interesting how this version of translation juxtaposes "truth" with "evil". Aside from that semantic liberty, this definition seems pretty straight to me.

It's a great definition. It's to bad that people tend to misinterpret lust for love.
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

''I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.''  -Hippolyte Taine

January 29, 2014, 04:28:12 AM
Baby don't hurt me
No more
-l-

January 29, 2014, 01:44:00 PM
Baby don't hurt me
No more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-0R-UVBXLM

;D

Love is a complex chemical reaction in our brains. It also makes your pants tingly. But when one really is in love, the feeling exceeds every drug and vice known to man.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

February 05, 2014, 12:47:53 AM
I'm surprised the thread made it this far before devolving into the inevitable Haddaway jokes.
-l-

February 06, 2014, 02:31:53 AM
Love is many things and exists in many categories.  Is your love one of reverence and devotion?  Is it zest and joy?

February 25, 2014, 03:08:41 AM
Only when one loves none that he can loves all.