Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Why Are There So Many Cute Girls At Metal & Hardcore Concerts Now?"

When Dying Fetus, a death metal act not exactly known for catering to female tastes, recently came to New York City, the Gramercy Theatre was ó shock of shocks ó populated with plenty of beautiful ladies. As a frequenter of such concerts for over a dozen years, I couldnít believe my eyes. Death metal events are known to beÖhow do I put thisÖĒvaginally-challenged.Ē

http://guycodeblog.mtv.com/2014/01/29/metal-girlfriend/

Get in the hipsters, inject rock music, make it "safe," and the hookers show up.

When I saw Iron Maiden last year, there were exactly two beautiful women. The rest were some form of trashy or obese.

bands with any slight bit of mainstream (dare I say, crossover?) appeal will attract better looking women, that's been the case with every show since forever.  go to shows with purely underground bands and the three or four women in attendance will look like David Vincent. 

Objective formula for quantifying legitimacy of any given metal band:

Number of years active plus number of demos released times number of crimes commited by band (arson or murder or assault and battery, drug use does not count) plus (number of solos divided by number of albums released) minus (average number of women at a show squared) = legitimacy factor

The scene might be worth a groan but not a whole blog entry, right?

but how many of these women watch the entire show without being clucking like chickens (for poser is the same).

but how many of these women watch the entire show without being clucking like chickens (for poser is the same).
I would say from my own experience, talking and being in the scene that 95% are total posers. They just want to date  the hot guy with long hair in the band. I swear, their opening line is " Do you listen to Metallica, their like, my favorite band"! For some reason I have the same response, pause, head tilt, slight smile "uh yeah I like Metallica". I do like Metallica's older music, but jesus fucking christ.

I would say from my own experience, talking and being in the scene that 95% are total posers. They just want to date  the hot guy with long hair in the band. I swear, their opening line is " Do you listen to Metallica, their like, my favorite band"! For some reason I have the same response, pause, head tilt, slight smile "uh yeah I like Metallica". I do like Metallica's older music, but jesus fucking christ.

Theres a certain type of girl who likes to put herself into places where she's surrounded by dudes just to prop up her fragile ego. Auto body shops, metal shows, computer programming classes, whatever. Like the female equivalent of some sad guy who hangs out with all women and is "just one of the girls".

Bitches like that are the reason why when I do attend metal shows, I keep my hair short and rock polo shirts and other nerdy looking clothes. My favorite shirt to wear when I play my own shows is blue and says: "Grouse Mountain - the Peak of British Columbia".

Theres a certain type of girl who likes to put herself into places where she's surrounded by dudes just to prop up her fragile ego. Auto body shops, metal shows, computer programming classes, whatever. Like the female equivalent of some sad guy who hangs out with all women and is "just one of the girls".

Bitches like that are the reason why when I do attend metal shows, I keep my hair short and rock polo shirts and other nerdy looking clothes. My favorite shirt to wear when I play my own shows is blue and says: "Grouse Mountain - the Peak of British Columbia".

Oh shit, do you live in Vancouver? I live pretty near to the base of Grouse.

No, but I went to college just across the border in WA and did a lot of hiking and camping around BC. The "grouse grind" was one of my favorites although the mosquitoes were brutal up there during the warmer months.

Why Itís OK To Judge Bands On Image
February 06, 2014, 05:20:45 PM
The thing is, judging bands on their appearance is nothing new. We all do it instinctively, even if weíd prefer people to think that weíre prejudice and snobbery free. Itís part of the process, whether we like it or not. Itís human nature. And no, itís not fair. Tough shit. Thatís how we roll. And you know what? Black Veil Brides knew exactly what they were doing when they conceived their image. Andy Biersack is a smart cookie: he knew that most Lamb Of God fans would hate his band and he didnít care. He doesnít court that audience. If, like Robb Flynn, a few people suspend their prejudices and discover, to great surprise, that they actually enjoy BVB records then thatís great. But the fact that many wonít doesnít necessarily mean that people are being narrow-minded pricks. We make instinctive aesthetic judgements, both visual and musical, primarily based on past experiences. Generally speaking, I donít like bands with Hitler-in-a-gale haircuts because, in my experience, the haircuts usually point to a musical mindset and aesthetic choices that I canít relate to or get excited about. Okay, so not everybody thinks about this stuff as much as I do, but then most people arenít quite so tragically obsessed with music as I am.

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/blog/blogs-of-war-why-its-ok-to-judge-bands-on-image/