Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What Are Your All Time favorite Brutal Death Metal bands ;D

Let's not request pics. We're better than the "tits or gtfo" crowd here.

I hope not, thats a pretty great crowd compared to the alternative simpering nerdy one that leaps over itself to accomodate what are ironically, usually other simpering nerds. I actually thought this one was a bot. Kind of still do.

Surprised at the responses, I mean sure benefit-of-the-doubt and all that but... imma pretty brutal def metal grrl... seriously?

nice troll

I thought it was kind of shit to be honest.

"Brutal"? Define something more clearly. :/ You want fast, unbalanced, non-dynamic music?  -> you need to listen to Hate Eternal...the ultimate level of unrelenting-ness.

If you mean the bands who are consciously TRYING to be as brutal as they can?
You will either find the stupidest Death Metal bands around or you need to listen to Grindcore.  I think the latter is the better choice for good "brutal" music.  Death Metal should not, IMO, be focused primarily on brutality. That's like high school posturing. So just go for Hardcore and Grind/Brit-core which are a more sincere and unfiltered expression of uncontrolled (teenage) rage.

Go for early Napalm Death (Scum and From Enslavement to Obliteration) or Blood (start with O Agios Pethane, then go backwards), hell, go for Black Flag and Siege!

If you just want favorite Death Metal bands that sound tough as opposed to 'interesting'/'different', I'd have to say Sinister (Cross the Styx) and mid-period Vader (Litany).
If 'mega fast' is not in your requirement of 'brutalness', you might want to try (newer) Heresiarch's Hammer of Intrasigence.
Cryptopsy (first two albums) sounds like an obvious recommendation for all "brutalness seakers".  Do avoid all their imitators, better study classics than waste time on copy-cats.

Thank you for your suggestions and yes I listen to all kinds of death metal,lol.
I recently got diagnosed with NPD with high antisocial traits, pretty much want to kill people so when I listen to the gorey stuff I get it out of system per se,lmao. but yea I like behemoth, nile, in flames, incantation,macabre,matriarch,hypocrisy,hecate enthroned (black), chimaira, the black dahlia murder, kittie (of course), lots of music. Im just not familiar with the "underground" or not so popular bands.

"Brutal"? Define something more clearly. :/ You want fast, unbalanced, non-dynamic music?  -> you need to listen to Hate Eternal...the ultimate level of unrelenting-ness.

If you mean the bands who are consciously TRYING to be as brutal as they can?
You will either find the stupidest Death Metal bands around or you need to listen to Grindcore.  I think the latter is the better choice for good "brutal" music.  Death Metal should not, IMO, be focused primarily on brutality. That's like high school posturing. So just go for Hardcore and Grind/Brit-core which are a more sincere and unfiltered expression of uncontrolled (teenage) rage.

Go for early Napalm Death (Scum and From Enslavement to Obliteration) or Blood (start with O Agios Pethane, then go backwards), hell, go for Black Flag and Siege!

If you just want favorite Death Metal bands that sound tough as opposed to 'interesting'/'different', I'd have to say Sinister (Cross the Styx) and mid-period Vader (Litany).
If 'mega fast' is not in your requirement of 'brutalness', you might want to try (newer) Heresiarch's Hammer of Intrasigence.
Cryptopsy (first two albums) sounds like an obvious recommendation for all "brutalness seakers".  Do avoid all their imitators, better study classics than waste time on copy-cats.

this is what i meant to say, thank you Fenrir.  What bothers me is that this blog actually gave attention to one of those crap gurgling whore killer lyric based bands a year ago or maybe less
He who fears the dark, shall never see the light
http://www.last.fm/user/Beastofsodom

TEN MASKED MEN
-l-