Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Metal clubs, bars and venues

Metal clubs, bars and venues
February 15, 2014, 03:09:47 PM
It isn't a slaughterhouse or a torture chamber, but Blackthorn 51, one of the few clubs in the city that is devoted to heavy metal.

The club on 51st Avenue was founded last February by metal-scene veteran Nicki Camp, who spent decades booking shows at clubs across the city, including the now-defunct Don Hill's and the Limelight.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20140214/elmhurst/queens-heavy-metal-club-celebrates-year-of-headbanging

Re: Metal clubs, bars and venues
February 15, 2014, 04:51:32 PM
this place seems to be a somewhat dubious "metal bar" since they also host bullshit like this:

St. Vitus is Brooklyn is probably the closest we come to a devoted metal bar here.

February 15, 2014, 09:22:16 PM
Metal clubs and bars make great weapons.

February 15, 2014, 09:27:05 PM
Check out the epileptic `moshing` (flailing) further down in that article, lol! Personally I think these are the best venues for live metal. Large concerts like Wacken have their own appeal, but imo attract too much of the herd. Despite that, what matters most in the quality of the act and the quality of their sound on the day.

February 19, 2014, 12:31:51 AM
I would like to see more live music but there's just nothing out there (or here) worth seeing. On top of that I find the live atmosphere really detracts from the listening experience (and I've probably attended as many underground raves as I have metal shows - the patrons are equally as fake).