Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Birdbrain!

Birdbrain!
February 18, 2014, 12:48:49 AM
Have you ever opened up your computer, and removed the CPU? I have. Hundreds of times.
It is a rather small, unremarkable thing, although - as we know - what it can do when powered-up, is quite remarkable. But by itself, out of context, and un-powered, it is only so much junk.

Even when it is working as designed: speedy, efficient, cool, it has no life. It makes and breaks circuits; lets some things pass and denies access to others. It does this incredibly well, but it contains no life, no adaptability. It is, to all intents and purposes, as dead as a Dodo.

Have you ever considered how much like a brain a CPU is? A brain can calculate. Sometimes it can do this rather well. Often it can barely do it at all. But that is about all a brain can ever do. Calculate. Zeros and ones, goods and bads, blacks or whites. Switch on, switch off. A glorified buzzer. Remove it from its host and it rapidly decomposes, along with its host. 

Yet most people seem to worship the brain, as a God. It is the seat of ego. Not all that Godlike, eh?

Ego gets you by, in youth, until you acquire actual substance, via experience. The brain then comes into its own, freed from manufacturing ego, it can be very inventive and otherwise useful. But what's next? Can mankind evolve further than being an organic processor?

I say it can. Crows are a prime example of what can happen when a perfectly capable brain is left to deal with automatic processing, while something else takes over the higher aspects of being. There is currently no useful word to describe this 'something-else', because it is so rare among humans, that nobody has yet found it important enough to name. And those few who have it, see no reason to name it at all, since such people have long since discovered the comparative uselessness of words, when it comes to describing anything unusual. Or anything that operates outside of the framework of language.

This something-else is the next step in human evolution. Being, without thinking. Living without processing. Since processing places an impenetrable barrier between the living, and their lives. Such people are unable to learn, beyond simple things, and unable to experience, beyond judging whatever comes their way. Like the sound-barrier, that once confounded all attempts to penetrate it, this invisible, undetectable thing, stops anyone dead who lacks the equipment - the wherewithal - to break through.

Yet crows flap, in their noisy, ungainly way, right through this thing, without even noticing. And without anyone else noticing them do it. And how do they do this?

Not telling you!

Re: Birdbrain!
February 18, 2014, 03:32:34 AM
Much like a brain, but nothing like a mind. Calculating but not understanding. Processing, but never intuiting. Churning information, perhaps a bit like conscious logic, but a logic reducible to pen and paper. It is not thought. Being without thinking must be death, for what is more at peace than a corpse?

You know all of this reminds me a bit of nihilism. Letting go of all value has always meant to me to be a tool, lose meaning to find the meaning under. Not just... nothing. Similarly, subdue thought to discover the self, but obliterate thought to... what exactly? It seems to me a false peace, a dead end. One bereft of transcendence of any sort, but:

I dont want to be a crow, I dont want to be some kind of new man either. I just want to be a man, whatever that means.

February 18, 2014, 04:02:59 AM
Be sure and let us all know when you find out.
The idea is to know you're completely alive, as opposed to stoically enduring the state of not being dead yet.

February 18, 2014, 04:32:03 AM
Excellent writing. Sometimes I wish I were a born native English speaker so I can interchange ideas with the greatest minds in the world more fluently. I've yet encounter one personal who can grasp the concept of ego-killing in my country.

Back to the topic. I feel wise people are always aware of letting their mind flow with the wind (if you know what I mean). On the contrary, undermen consciously or subconsciously allow their brain operating like a black hole: absorbing and twisting everything they see and read for the goodness of their self-image. They don't try to imitate the thinking process of nature/God but a CPU at hand.

February 18, 2014, 04:37:09 AM
Excellent writing too, especially since English is not your first language.
When you know what you are talking about, it shows, above and beyond any technical grasp of language.
At least, to anyone else who knows.

"...letting their mind flow with the wind..."

I know exactly what you mean, but probably could not have put it that well.
Good to see you :)

February 18, 2014, 04:43:26 AM
The idea is to know you're completely alive, as opposed to stoically enduring the state of not being dead yet.

That is my contention, this state does not seem to me to be akin to life (the life of man). It seems to me to be a way to lock oneself away from the transcendent, at the expense of the worldly (which then becomes all there is). So you encompass the worldly, it flows through your veins and you are at peace with it. As ashes. Or rather, as a beast I suppose. Not the worst way to live, surely vital, but meaningless, purposeless. In fact denying meaning and purpose as delusion.

February 18, 2014, 05:28:35 AM
Sorry, I'm afraid I really don't understand your meaning.

February 18, 2014, 06:10:06 AM

Poor taste?

February 18, 2014, 07:34:00 AM
Of course. This is a deathmetal forum, after all.

February 18, 2014, 01:10:50 PM
I try to fuck my brain as much as possible so it becomes numb and I can move in the woods without having to think is this good or not. I do it by listening to Beethoven and Beherit and reading good literature and punishing my body with extreme exercise. Recommended!

February 18, 2014, 06:22:49 PM

That is my contention, this state does not seem to me to be akin to life (the life of man). It seems to me to be a way to lock oneself away from the transcendent, at the expense of the worldly (which then becomes all there is). So you encompass the worldly, it flows through your veins and you are at peace with it. As ashes. Or rather, as a beast I suppose. Not the worst way to live, surely vital, but meaningless, purposeless. In fact denying meaning and purpose as delusion.

What would be the transcendent? Does this have to be different than the worldly?