Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

waves and frequencies

waves and frequencies
February 18, 2014, 09:20:14 PM

On youtube, I saw a video where it said that 528 Hz is Earth/Body Natural Frequency
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KynbN4Om12E

Is there any truth about that? On a broader scale, is anybody have done research on vibrations, waves, be it musical or otherwise, especially its effects on the living?  It's such a vast field of study that it can be confusing where to start. Feel free to recommend any usefull books or websites.

Re: waves and frequencies
February 18, 2014, 09:34:41 PM
All matter has frequency and amplitude properties. Evidently our bodies measure 528 hertz in frequency. They're referring specifically to the action of atoms and the orbital state of their electrons. Lower orbit, slower speed = cold, higher and faster = hot and higher frequency etc.

February 18, 2014, 10:46:31 PM
I have what is commonly known as 'perfect pitch'.
I resonate at 440 hz, any time I listen for it.
This was the note I chanted Om at.
I have tubular wind chimes tuned to 'A'.
Works for me. The tone never leaves.

February 19, 2014, 12:49:47 AM
Is there any truth about that? On a broader scale, is anybody have done research on vibrations, waves, be it musical or otherwise, especially its effects on the living?  It's such a vast field of study that it can be confusing where to start. Feel free to recommend any usefull books or websites.

There seems to be an equal amount of good, interesting research as well as crossover with dubious new-age type movements. However I think topics such as entrainment of neural oscillations, binaural rhythm etc could be of particular interest to composers of ambient music. The question is whether half of this, and the creation of good ambient music couldn't be arrived at through intuition alone.

February 19, 2014, 01:05:11 AM
There is nothing, worth knowing, that can not be arrived at through intuition alone.

February 20, 2014, 12:20:51 AM
Interesting article Wild. I have heard of the 432Hz argument before and sometimes even tune instruments like this (-32 cents on keyboards). Other times I tend to go by what sounds better for that particular 'melodic spectrum' if that makes any sense. From a musical perspective, I don't like it to get too mathematical.

May 29, 2014, 01:47:58 PM
Anybody have a system for listening to their music at 432?  I've heard it can be done with computer programs.  Has anybody explored this?