Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

So you want Nihilism?

Re: So you want Nihilism?
February 23, 2014, 11:17:44 AM
If there is some other greater goal at work, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to state it.

I think the situation here isn't about a specific goal, but a realization of life.

What is the problem with humanity? Most people will defer blame: corporations, politicians, the rich, etc.

The problem as I see it is that ordinary people don't stand up and take responsibility for maintaining things.

If your friend sets up a practice room, you help keep it clean and maintained, maybe pay the bills.

The situation is the same here: we are doing good work. It requires people to pitch in and help, not necessarily in an organized fashion, but as part of maintaining things.

Crow's also called a lot of you poseurs and he's right. People who talk about being nihilists and then live their lives exactly as the rest of the herd are suspect.

February 23, 2014, 11:34:47 AM
I'm here with a purpose.  Why would I comment in a chat forum?  This dovetails to crow's point: this place doesn't grow, and remains stagnant, as long as it's people chatting without any further actual investment in achievement.  If people just want chat, let's shut this down and switch to blog comments.

Either you are making no attempt to understand me or you are deliberately talking past me. In any case I have only registered for a final say for the time being.   

-If you want something done, if you want this forum to have some particular direction, you have to do it yourself. Like it or not, this place revolves around you.   

-If you dont want to do that, you need to let it develop organically into something worthwhile. In fact this has already occured, but you are too aloof to realize it and too focused on abstraction to care.

What you dont get is a best of both worlds (lol) where you put someone who thinks he is the fucking Buddha in charge and hope for the best. Someone who actively, and intensely hypocritically, destroys whatever may have developed. I mean are you blind to this? Can you not see that any activity either revolves around crow, ends up revolving around crow or ends up being suppressed by crow (whether deliberately or just by presence)?   

You do this place a horrendous disservice if you are too aloof to see that it is not stagnant at all. I believe you have acknowledged it in the past, there is sporadic activity but it is far above the level of quality of most places on the internet. Problems between members work themselves out because we tend to respect each other on some level. In fact it is this respect, developed through what you call `chatting`, camaraderie and fraternity, that keeps it going at all. Members dont go too over the top because they have something to lose, however ephemeral, the respect of their peers. This insane megalomaniac does not fit into it at all, he is an imposition and does not seem capable of commanding respect. Instead he squanders it. Look at the first post in this thread, are you really going to defend this?   

If you, or crow, believe that this place is not flooded with new blood because of the already active members then... well that is just unbelievable. This place has a history, it is notorious and you know well what kind of activity has given it its reputation. Trolling metal websites does not tend to lend one a favourable reputation. It is good that the new website has a different direction, but do you think that wipes the slate clean? That people just forget? Instead you look for some kind of scapegoat, which is not behaviour I would have ever expected from the person who writes such lofty words. 

I am not a nihilist by any definition and I am pretty sure that extends to other members. As for you crow, great men dont demand respect, they command it. You are no leader, you are just the kind of destroyer you claim to be against. Some little comment ruffled your feathers so much that you would speak about the people here in this fashion? You dont respect anyone and make no attempt to understand anyone, so why should the same be afforded to you? Because you have access to forum tools? A great man is certainly not impatient or ingracious, and grace and patience seem to be the things you are most deficient in.

For the rest of the members, if you stay quiet or just hint at things, dont expect anyone to get it here; as these replies should make obvious.

February 23, 2014, 11:47:03 AM
You've had your say. Now get lost again.
There's no way you will ever get what you want, because you are beyond any communication or understanding.
You'll be banned by a single mouse-click every time you go to the enormous trouble of being you, whatever that hopeless mish-mash of delusions 'you' is.
Get a life. Somewhere else.

February 23, 2014, 07:25:21 PM
First:

https://www.change.org/petitions/barack-hussein-obama-revise-the-constitution-to-declare-pegging-a-social-virtue

If you want something done, if you want this forum to have some particular direction, you have to do it yourself. Like it or not, this place revolves around you.   

I'm not sure how I could do it myself more than by delegating to someone who is competent to lead.  Crow has proven this time and again.

If you dont want to do that, you need to let it develop organically into something worthwhile. In fact this has already occured, but you are too aloof to realize it and too focused on abstraction to care.

I like how this forum has worked over the years, but right now, it's small and marginal and many members here embrace a hostile culture of do-nothingness that drives away any prospective members.

You do this place a horrendous disservice if you are too aloof to see that it is not stagnant at all. I believe you have acknowledged it in the past, there is sporadic activity but it is far above the level of quality of most places on the internet.

20 guys in a room don't change the world until they expand what they've learned there to reach the rest of the world.

February 24, 2014, 07:09:08 AM
If there is some other greater goal at work, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to state it.

I think the situation here isn't about a specific goal, but a realization of life.

What is the problem with humanity? Most people will defer blame: corporations, politicians, the rich, etc.

The problem as I see it is that ordinary people don't stand up and take responsibility for maintaining things.

If your friend sets up a practice room, you help keep it clean and maintained, maybe pay the bills.

The situation is the same here: we are doing good work. It requires people to pitch in and help, not necessarily in an organized fashion, but as part of maintaining things.

Crow's also called a lot of you poseurs and he's right. People who talk about being nihilists and then live their lives exactly as the rest of the herd are suspect.

So other than civility there's really nothing more? I mean granted, you're looking for writers and technical staff maybe, but beyond that the forum is just for chatting?

I've never flown the nihilist flag.