Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hierarchy.

Hierarchy.
February 23, 2014, 10:03:32 PM
People often use the term 'hierarchy'. But what is it? Is it good, bad, useful, or useless?
It, itself, of course, is nothing. A sound, or series of sounds, used to grunt to somebody else, hopefully to signify whatever it signifies. What does it signify?

Leftists would do away with it altogether, because it seems at odds with their avowed God. That is to say: Equality.

But hierarchy is what you do with it. Which is dependent upon how you see it. Here's how I see it...

At the very top of the hierarchy is Reality. Aka 'God'. This being the pre-existing framework in which I exist.
I revere it because - if nothing else - it is rather bigger, and older, than me.
Next there are the manifestations of Reality. The earth. The weather. The myriad lifeforms around me.
Then there are the things that humans have built, over the ages, that have lasted as long as they have.
I revere them, too, because they have lasted as long as they have, were built up by many, and are the result of countless individual lives.
Then there are other humans, which, as crappy as they so often are, are still living beings. And for as long as they are living, contain the potential to be more than they were, yesterday, no matter how unlikely that may seem, today.
And right at the bottom of this hierarchy, is me. Mr. Unimportant. Doing my very best to not betray the life that has chosen to reside in me, for as long as it chooses to reside there.

Although it very often appears to others that I consider everything to be about me, this is as incorrect as anything could be. It is, in fact, a perspective held by others, because that is the only perspective they have, in their inability to even conceive of living a life in which everything was not only about them.

Hierarchy. An appreciation of how things stack together, according to what works, and what doesn't.
The most important part of which, is an ability to place oneself at the bottom. Not because one has no value, but because value only comes from being able to disappear into one's life, as opposed to life being nothing else than whatever one thinks one wants.

Re: Hierarchy.
February 24, 2014, 04:22:16 AM
Interesting use of rather Vedic concepts there.

I can't separate reality into separate forms. There is idea, and manifestation. They are however linked in that idea feeds back from manifestation.

To me the most important aspect of the universe however is that idea precedes instance.

There is always an A->B causal chain, with A being idea; B can become a secondary effect, and feed back to A, but A is needed for anything to happen.

That is the key to the whole riddle of hierarchy in nature, why most conventional concepts of God are laughably wrong, and why materialism is nonsense. All in one.

February 24, 2014, 04:58:17 AM
I respectuflly accuse you of contradicting yourself, Mr DMBM. If A causes B, but the "results" of B affect A, then how can you say is more necessary than B? Could it be that A is more constant, fixed, integral, whereas B is more random, chaotic, unsure? If so, then B's randomness affects the surety of A, if A and B are indeed a feedback loop.

Actually I relish this contradiction because it makes sense. I've even named this thing; I call itt an 'intra-reflexive' system. It can be imagined easily if you think of a pendulum, swinging back and forth. Attach another pendulum to the bottom of the first pendulum. Now, the motion of the first pendulum will determine the swing of the second pendulum, but the opposite will happen. Maybe causality is an infinite chain of pendulums, each affecting the movement of the one before and after it; each affecting all others, and being affected by all others. In that case, there really is no causal root.

What does this mean if we apply it to our causality, "time"? Is it actually accurate to say that time does in fact begin and end somewhere? If so (or not) then I'm still confused about heirarchy. The least thing will still cause repurcussions among the greatest thing(s). Heirarchy is therefore a matter of scale, arbitrary in a universal sense, significant from the human perspective only. "As above, so below".

February 25, 2014, 04:27:18 AM
People often use the term 'hierarchy'. But what is it? Is it good, bad, useful, or useless?
It, itself, of course, is nothing. A sound, or series of sounds, used to grunt to somebody else, hopefully to signify whatever it signifies. What does it signify?

Leftists would do away with it altogether, because it seems at odds with their avowed God. That is to say: Equality.
I think it is sufficient to say hierarchy is the inevitable relation of things given the unreality of the Left's God (equality).

But hierarchy is what you do with it. Which is dependent upon how you see it. Here's how I see it...

{*God > ... > crow*}

{snip}

Hierarchy. An appreciation of how things stack together, according to what works, and what doesn't.
The most important part of which, is an ability to place oneself at the bottom. Not because one has no value, but because value only comes from being able to disappear into one's life, as opposed to life being nothing else than whatever one thinks one wants.
This is probably the fundamental hierarchy in the broadest sense of things. It should be noted, however, how this form recursively propagates throughout everything. I can think of no other pattern which so thoroughly permeates every aspect (and penetrates every orifice) of reality. Hierarchy is the foundation of structure and sanity.

February 25, 2014, 05:39:09 PM
If the jews are on top hierarchy is important!

February 27, 2014, 06:52:53 PM
If Jews are on top, it probably has something to do with their understanding of hierarchy.
On top of what, anyway? A mountain of crap? Lucky them.

February 27, 2014, 09:20:54 PM
One must really love crap to want to reign over it. Or be dependant of it.

February 27, 2014, 09:45:21 PM
That, to me, indicates your inbuilt sense of humour. I chuckled.
Even if you had nothing else to recommend you, it would be enough all by itself.