Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Further ruminations

Re: Further ruminations
February 28, 2014, 06:41:01 AM
See. We have things in common. Most people do, once they get past the preference for the things they don't.

February 28, 2014, 11:25:51 AM
I have always focused on being correct.

Can you be correct while consciously being wrong?

February 28, 2014, 05:31:16 PM
The word reality being a shibboleth around here is annoying, but that comes from Brett's ANUS, not crow's tenure.

March 14, 2014, 03:07:25 AM
The word reality being a shibboleth around here is annoying, but that comes from Brett's ANUS, not crow's tenure.

Yes, that one is my fault!

March 14, 2014, 10:22:40 AM
It's not annoying. It's useful.

Brett has shat out a lot of useful stuff throughout the years :)

March 14, 2014, 04:31:01 PM
You want a reason to go on with this website Prozak?

Ha ha ha...

Your weariness is understood.

But your cowardliness is unacceptable. Shake it off now, my friend. It is not befitting for a soul like you.

You act according to eternal principles, not immediate effects. You preserve and promote quality art because it deserves it, not because you egotistically want to see a favorable, tangible effect right away, and besides, the best advantages and gratifications are always long-term and never short-term. Stop this emo complaining about how it's hard, how there's no time, how the audience is unworthy and unhelpful. You keep a space open because, even if not today, someday a handful of kids might come along and will want a place to discuss (and later act on) ideas, a very metal activity if you ask me.

You fight because you were designed to, not because it might benefit you.

Pick up your bow and get back on your chariot.

This life is a war.

And you have come to win.

March 14, 2014, 04:49:57 PM
Hitler did rather well when he was cool and sane.
His downfall arose in direct proportion to his loss of self-control, his rage became his undoing.

March 14, 2014, 05:08:07 PM
Hitler did rather well when he was cool and sane.
His downfall arose in direct proportion to his loss of self-control, his rage became his undoing.

When you put it that way, he sounds an awful lot like the protagonist in some ancient greek tragedy.

March 14, 2014, 05:27:24 PM
He would have been a real poster-boy for the deathmetal crowd when his efforts bore fruit.
So the whole fiasco was a tragedy of epic proportions, when the master plan went pear-shaped.

March 14, 2014, 07:25:16 PM
When you put it that way, he sounds an awful lot like the protagonist in some ancient greek tragedy.

Or Hamlet.

Or... Napoleon.

March 14, 2014, 08:53:13 PM
"It is always the same with these terrible world-conquerors.  The first in everything, or Death."

March 14, 2014, 08:59:02 PM
You want a reason to go on with this website Prozak?

The question is one of effect and being effective, not whether the content is correct. On the whole, I have never doubted that. I do rethink the details constantly.

March 14, 2014, 09:08:19 PM
"It is always the same with these terrible world-conquerors.  The first in everything, or Death."

aut Caesar aut nihil

March 15, 2014, 12:29:24 AM
The question is one of effect and being effective, not whether the content is correct. On the whole, I have never doubted that. I do rethink the details constantly.

Right. I didn't get the sense you doubt the truth of which you write, only the sense you doubt yourself, or efficacy as writer. But why?

March 15, 2014, 01:43:10 AM
I doubt the method.

The internet is television now.

Television is zero commitment, as a signal, for most people.

So their MO is to enjoy the programming, then do nothing.