Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Comment!

Comment!
February 28, 2014, 12:06:36 AM
I would suggest anyone who has enjoyed the resources this site has to offer leave a comment on the forum or the most recent post on the front page showing support/offering suggestions so it looks like people give a damn.

Re: Comment!
February 28, 2014, 10:47:45 PM
I don't know if it is a lack of love/taking for granted impression or if it is truly the case that audiofile is the only thing of objective value. Maybe the lack of lurker involvement reinforces both points. For any collection of people at least 90% are going to be effectively inert, no more than 8% mere maintainer with under 2% the pioneers and firebrands.

March 01, 2014, 08:12:31 AM
I'm 'just' a lurker on the forum, and sometimes post in the blog's comments. This site has changed the way I listen to metal, and for a part even to music in general. I haven't contributed to this forum, true, but I do spread a message of DEATH METAL in my social surroundings.

Change will probably be a good thing, but killing the blog or the forum seems like an overreaction to whatever the problems are.

Whatever will be decided: thank you, to all involved, for all the work you've put in so far.

March 01, 2014, 04:13:19 PM
^ Basically yeah, the above post says it all.

This site is a consistent source of great recommendations and interesting reads. I haven't posted on the forum the some years now, but I'm always sure to recommend people visit here if they're interested in exploring extreme metal.

March 01, 2014, 05:41:15 PM
Maybe some lack of involvement is due to the nature of this site/forum. Only the best both in contents and in forms is praised, so if a potential user feels that he isn't good enough to participate, he will restrain to do so. Maybe I'm just idealistic here. 

This site and forum have been of great use to me for discovering metal music and more importantly to gain some precious insights about the nature of this world. Maybe I don't know much about the internet but I think it's one of the best site out there. This is way above competition when it comes to music and philosophy.
For that, I will always be grateful.

If I have only one advise: be a good Master. Righteous but not overly rigid. If not, you will afraid potencial followers.
Maybe it would be good to clarifie in a simpler way, what are the goals of this site and how can someone can help in a effective way. Maybe I'm just a simpleton but sometimes it's kind of blurry. Because one can say why bother with (good) metal. Is it a mean to and end or a end in itself? If it's only a mean, is it a good one to convey the meaning intended? Maybe a synergy would be the best. 

For myself, I think I will step back for a little while, my well is a little dry, so to speak.

March 02, 2014, 12:24:29 AM
Posts motivated by a desire for praise are rarely going to be valuable, and never within the 2 percent mentioned above.

It isn't about being good enough; it is about adding something useful.

March 02, 2014, 08:07:47 AM
2% isn't a community. And according such logic, a group consisting of 2%ers will likely dissolve into 90-8-2%-ish structures as well. What is the message here? Don't start a community? Surely people that start a blog/forum can't have issues with people just lurking? Mere consuming/praising passivity on one part of the divide has been inherent in most writer/artist-audience structures for ages. The internet is not going to change that.

The thing to do for the 2%ers is not to diss the lurkers, but be positive/constructive and try to make the 100% group larger, so that the number of 2%ers also grows.