Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Friendship.

Friendship.
March 05, 2014, 09:04:09 PM
Almost anybody can be my friend. As long as they are friendly.
I have almost no friends.
In fact, it is my very friendliness that ensures that this is so.
It scares people off.

I often see people 'acting friendly', but if they are to continue in this acting-out of friendship, it is required of those to whom this acting-out is directed, that they vocally display the 'right' attitudes. Usually political ones. In fact, a visible and vocal display of 'nice-ness' is required, in order to win this 'friendship' which is actually nothing to do with what it purports to be.

Ugh.

Animals, birds, trees, even insects, along with my wife, like me and befriend me, and I them.
They are able to detect my friendship, whereas the vast majority of - almost all - people, are not.

Re: Friendship.
March 05, 2014, 11:48:06 PM
I know what you mean about cats and people. Recently I've had some massive losses, not that I'm one to put it out there but it truly was remarkable just how many 'caring' people were revealed not to be. The cats on the other hand seemed to see right through everything. A shaved head after so many years - they didn't even notice (you are NOT your shaved head!).

March 11, 2014, 01:39:08 AM
Almost anybody can be my friend. As long as they are friendly.
I have almost no friends.
In fact, it is my very friendliness that ensures that this is so.
It scares people off.

I often see people 'acting friendly', but if they are to continue in this acting-out of friendship, it is required of those to whom this acting-out is directed, that they vocally display the 'right' attitudes. Usually political ones. In fact, a visible and vocal display of 'nice-ness' is required, in order to win this 'friendship' which is actually nothing to do with what it purports to be.

Ugh.

Animals, birds, trees, even insects, along with my wife, like me and befriend me, and I them.
They are able to detect my friendship, whereas the vast majority of - almost all - people, are not.

Many people due to their hypocritical nature cannot be true friends and are distrustful of the truly friendly.  They regard hospitality and generosity as a deceptive measure of enslavement.  They disdain wisdom and authority of character even if they have to live and work in a hierarchical structure.  Friendship is a sacrifice and gift that can be frightening to those who do not understand that it is an ultimately altruistic exercise.  I gain nothing materially, socially, or psychologically from my friendships, and I do not expect to.

I do not know if you have experienced this, but many people I know have refused water and food from me even after knowing me for years thinking that I would leverage such against them, yet these same people enter into contracts with require the sacrifice of honor and dignity such as sex and "love" in exchange for free rent or a need for receiving attention or help that they so believe is the "essence of love."

I guess I'm just a dinosaur that I think that a guest or friend is a gift from God.

It seems as well that many people fear a magnanimous and chivalrous personality because of their own desire for anarchic atomist sensibilities.  Such can strike fear into a baser person.

March 11, 2014, 01:42:25 AM
I know what you mean about cats and people. Recently I've had some massive losses, not that I'm one to put it out there but it truly was remarkable just how many 'caring' people were revealed not to be. The cats on the other hand seemed to see right through everything. A shaved head after so many years - they didn't even notice (you are NOT your shaved head!).

May you be honored for your love of cats.

March 11, 2014, 01:45:11 AM
Among the dross, there are gems to be found  :)