Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Live Experience

The Live Experience
March 08, 2014, 09:06:08 PM
For several reasons, chiefly my location and the idea of a live environment had no appeal, I have never attended a show. In the 90s there was a mentality that the opportunity to see favorite bands would always be there, should I change my mind.

The environment no longer daunts me (yeah, I was a wuss), and he number of quality bands will continue to decline. On top of this, a live experience is something I've come to imagine is necessary.

Most, if not all of you, have had these experiences. What suggestions  would you give to someone who will be making a long dive and.possibly only doing this once. Which worthwhile bands are still out.there, touring the US?

Mortem have played in LA a couple times in recent years.  I wonder how good they are live. All things to consider, there is a lot of Googling and review reading to do if this is to be undertaken.

Re: The Live Experience
March 10, 2014, 01:49:06 AM
I definitely want to see more live performances. So far I haven't seen any major metal bands that I actually worship and local scenes seem to be full of inbreeding. I have seen the modern incarnation of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra performing Bruckner's 4th symphony and it really was a bit overrated (I honestly can't sit still that long). Kraftwerk on the other hand hit me like a 12 gauge blast to the cerebral cortex. I loved it and would highly recommend seeing them live!