Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Deleted post.

Deleted post.
March 09, 2014, 07:52:02 PM
This morning I woke up, ready to read some replies of a post I had posted last night, which highlighted how Nietzsche's philosophy is factually against the main tenets of this website (nationalism, traditionalism, far right politics). Unfortunately, like any other totalitarian approach to censorship, my post is nowhere to be found, all memory of the polemic gone. Has it upset the anal gods?

Anyways. Since the owners and large majority of the user base here are dogmatic sheep, who have misappropriated such great men like Nietzsche or Beethoven as their own, I bid you all adieu. I can't grow or learn through a philosophical ground blighted by the Far Right (just as moronic as the Far Left).

Well, hope you enjoy continuing the endless ranting, while doing nothing in particular.

Re: Deleted post.
March 09, 2014, 08:26:47 PM
It's too bad it was deleted. Misuses of Neizche are all too common.

March 09, 2014, 08:36:37 PM
Hehe :)
I am not the only one with admin tools.

Later edit...
I looked up the deleted post and staggered through it and its replies.
It's no wonder it is now gone.
Nearly every other site caters to leftists, but this one doesn't.
If the material here is so offensive to certain people, then those people would be well advised to go almost anywhere else, and read the reassuring things that they so obviously need to be able to agree with.
To show up and dis the site, its owner, its admins, and almost all of its readership, really isn't going to get anyone a warm welcome, or generate much tolerance.

March 09, 2014, 10:56:22 PM
The point is not how my post was offensive to a certain political orientation. I never said I was left, in fact, I said I was against both sides. The point is that a philosopher who is taken as a hero here, one who disagrees with the majority of what you stand for, and a composer who was deaf and had mental illness, defeats everything you're against.

It's hypocritical, that's all.

March 09, 2014, 11:08:02 PM
Now you call us hypocrites. Can you help yourself, or is this some condition you suffer from?
Maybe you simply don't understand something that is going on here. Maybe you don't recognize whatever it is.
I myself am certainly no right-winger, yet leftists always manage to accuse me of being that.
Along with hypocrisy, etc.

Get off your horse and say your piece, without the huge offense-quotient you've so far injected into it.
Any view is welcome. What isn't, is to deliver it in the way you have done until now.
Take another shot.

March 10, 2014, 01:30:46 AM
Thoughts for food:

1. Nietzche's writing predates many of the events that convulsed the 20th century and beyond. Some members of the Perennialist movement began as Nietzcheans and revised their views.

2. Amerika is not ANUS. Expecting a writer to maintain the same views for 20 years is absurd.

3. Those who claim to be against both the far left and far right are suspicious - what are they for? The middling left-global-capitalist consensus? Better to be even a communist!

4. Diagnosing mental illness in long-dead historical characters is a known pastime of leftists.

5. Perpetual victim behavior is a known pastime of leftists.

6. Calling someone a hero does not imply total agreement. Nietzsche's own heroes; he split with them radically on some matters.

~~~~~

That said, there is some relevance to your criticism. If you reformulate it in a non-cuntish manner, perhaps a worthwhile discussion could emerge.  :)

March 10, 2014, 01:31:17 AM
I was thinking the same thing; there's a way to say things.

March 10, 2014, 05:54:10 AM
Further, the post was factually wrong. Both Nietzsche and Beethoven expressed different things as they moved through the arc of their lives. What does one do, then? STUDY IT ALL and look for consistent patterns. Nietzsche's comments make clear what he thinks of "nationalism" of the day, which was actually nation-statism based in the revolts following the French Revolution; he affirms not just racial, but caste, nationalism in other areas of his writing. Same way we probably should note to whom the 3rd symphony was originally dedicated and what happened after that.

The main crime here is passive-aggression. I consider it the biggest problem in our civilization and will delete anything that doesn't have the balls to step up and make its point in a direct way. If you have a problem with that, go away (or wait for me to be busy).

March 10, 2014, 05:50:47 PM

March 12, 2014, 06:13:16 PM
Further, the post was factually wrong. Both Nietzsche and Beethoven expressed different things as they moved through the arc of their lives. What does one do, then? STUDY IT ALL and look for consistent patterns. Nietzsche's comments make clear what he thinks of "nationalism" of the day, which was actually nation-statism based in the revolts following the French Revolution; he affirms not just racial, but caste, nationalism in other areas of his writing. Same way we probably should note to whom the 3rd symphony was originally dedicated and what happened after that.

The main crime here is passive-aggression. I consider it the biggest problem in our civilization and will delete anything that doesn't have the balls to step up and make its point in a direct way. If you have a problem with that, go away (or wait for me to be busy).

None of this is true. I did not compare Beethoven to Nietzsche ideologically in any manner. My point was, here we have two individuals, who fly in the face of ANUS policy. If you misinterpret the Antichrist, you may assume he praises the Laws of Manu, but although he saw this as a superior form to most ancient hierarchies, the Europe of the future (in his eyes) was one country with one race. Another example in the Antichrist, is when he says early-on, 'First principle of our charity, the weak shall perish and one shall help them' and then later in the tail end, he praises a type of Renaissance man, who helps all those below him rise up. Why the paradox? Nietzsche wanted a society which bred a higher type, but realized that all organisms on the planet can contribute to a higher society, by ingratiation.

Passive-aggressive? What are you on about? I posted a thread as a polemic against this site, confirming that indeed Nietzsche stands starkly opposed to the majority of fluff on here. You delete the post, without warning, just because it offends your sensibilities (the fascist far right sensibilities, which lead to censorship, and covering up facts). Do you know what passive-aggressive is..?

A panegyric of mental (so-called) illness has nothing to do with political orientation, unlike your whitewashing of a certain side of the political spectrum, it has to do with the Romantic ideal. Those with mental illness are overman, they interpret the world through other methods (non-common sensical), and through their pain and other forms of consciousness, transcend the limits of the average and stable ie: Nietzsche's philosophy in a nutshell.

Prozak applauded a blind man being punched on a bus, and goes on and on about exterminating the physically and mentally frail, which in his society would include Beethoven and Nietzsche (and every other artist for that matter). Please, just remove those two from your heroes. They would feel disgraced to know they were being deified on this website.

March 12, 2014, 06:31:04 PM
Ah. It is good to wake up and realize how deluded I have been. It is - in fact - you that runs this website, and decrees how it should be done. Thank you so much.

March 12, 2014, 06:44:33 PM
Ah. It is good to wake up and realize how deluded I have been. It is - in fact - you that runs this website, and decrees how it should be done. Thank you so much.
Again, another novel post by you. The point is that Nietzsche wouldn't want to be on a website that is run by a group of people or an individual. In a way, I am standing up for a philosopher who would vomit at being manipulated into a poster-boy for the far-right and Prozak's philosophy, especially a philosophy which is contrary to his whole being.

March 12, 2014, 06:55:42 PM
Maybe it went right by you, somehow, but both your heroes are dead.

March 12, 2014, 06:58:00 PM
Fascism has nothing to do with the far right. It's a common misconception. If anything, fascism was totalitarian centrism.

If you want to talk about the misconception of Neitzche that's fine and well, but do it in a way that is free of the pithy moral platitudes.

March 12, 2014, 07:01:10 PM
I think the best way to go through this is to forget about a the individual (e.g. Nietzsche) and to follow what you think is the best of his ideas. Meaning is not attached to an particuiar individual even thought  some individual are more close to the Truth. Individuals come from life, not the other way around.