Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Out from darkness

Out from darkness
March 11, 2014, 08:34:20 PM
The inability to resist a stimulus, marks the spiritual degradation of our contemporaries. Action is their only mean of realization. The disregard for contemplation which is an obvious trace of our culture is an expression of the contempt for all that is not derived from the senses. Everything is measured by their potential utility. The result: an era of decay.

We, as social creatures, are part of that mess; some traits are shared, but if we want to live, all that hideous heritage needs to be overcome. The path is simple: Nihilism. Its the last tool to achieve a clean vision of reality. It is not a end; rather a beginning. With that, we only need to free ourselves from fear, and have the courage to be.

Total Awareness is the way...evermoving.

Re: Out from darkness
March 11, 2014, 09:19:54 PM
Excellent post. It is good to remind us that nihilism is not an end in itself, but a starting point.
A means of removing the false meaning that our decaying society has overlaid upon practically every word and every thing, and to start again to discover what intrinsic meaning there is.
There is meaning. No human can operate long without it.

Total awareness, though, while being a wondrous thing to achieve, carries with it a dangerous payload, when cast alongside the millions that don't have any.
Exercise caution.

March 11, 2014, 10:14:34 PM
Plato's Theurgy accomplishes the same end goal without needing to fall into the mental barbarism and self contradiction of Nihilsm.

March 11, 2014, 11:09:59 PM
Well. I would have said that, too, had this not be a nihilist website :)
Shame on you Vigilance. One demerit.

March 11, 2014, 11:21:13 PM
Plato's Theurgy accomplishes the same end goal without needing to fall into the mental barbarism and self contradiction of Nihilsm.
Theurgy is what lies beyond nihilism. The aim: to become one with reality.

March 12, 2014, 01:14:44 AM
Well. I would have said that, too, had this not be a nihilist website :)
Shame on you Vigilance. One demerit.

I thought this was a death metal website and ANUS was the Nihilist place. Granted the population and forums rolled over during the merger, but still.

March 12, 2014, 01:24:44 AM
OK then. I suppose I really should try to find out what this site is about, one day.
I tend, though, to just deal with whatever comes up, without any sort of background knowledge to advise my stance. Reality, or what?

March 12, 2014, 09:11:45 AM
To get back to the original topic, I think that it is true, that the development of any serious philosophy or awareness presupposes nihilism in some form.

Nihilism means the refusal to take anything we're told to be valuable at face value. In other words, it's a desocialization of value. It's not believing in what 'everybody' knows, just because 'everybody' says so. This can only be done through radical questioning - the refusal to presuppose anything at all.

Thus having freed value from the idea of socialized discourse, we're free to discover it for ourselves. This eventually leads to the realization that value does indeed exist - but that it is something entirely different from what 'everybody' thinks it is.

March 12, 2014, 10:27:09 AM
Thank you for clarifying the topic.

I just want to add: to depart from societal decadence you first need to recognize it. Only then is initiated the process of living that which is based in knowledge.

Nihilism is a element in the flux of life for detecting what is false. You then proceed....searching for the realization of truth.

March 12, 2014, 12:25:24 PM
What brings an individual to recognize the societal decadence (as you so rightly put it) in the first place?

Perhaps it is something as simple as real love for life. One instinctively detect that people are miserable, though they'll do anything to look happy, confident, content.

So one turns to nihilism as the only way out - and then discovers the flux. The thrilling sensation of simply being alive, and rolling with it wherever it may lead.

I think you are very right in emphasizing truth. The guiding star leading to reality itself.

March 12, 2014, 03:08:06 PM
Theurgy is what lies beyond nihilism. The aim: to become one with reality.

It's a mental patchwork for the process of reflection when the shortcomings of abstraction are put under the microscope. A process that inevitably leads to Nihilism if left uncorrected. In a sense I suppose you're correct in that one eventually puts faith in "something" that seems to be workable where the rubber meets the road. 

March 14, 2014, 03:06:44 AM
The path is simple: Nihilism. Its the last tool to achieve a clean vision of reality. It is not a end; rather a beginning.

...Total Awareness...

A gateway to that which is between and behind, not forward or back.

Enlightened
Into a blacker dark.
For there are views of darkness.

The light will dissapear
It was never here.

As the eternity opens.