Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Is that you John Wayne? Is this Me?

Is that you John Wayne? Is this Me?
March 13, 2014, 06:51:05 AM
Do you like to think that you think outside of the box yet keep things in neat little pigeonholes? Do you sometimes masturbate in form of pure intellectual gibberish? Does the world ever get you feelin’ really happy or really angry? Have you ever delivered or received a beating and later made a friend out of the experience?

Re: Is that you John Wayne? Is this Me?
March 13, 2014, 12:53:08 PM
What a refreshingly honest post. I like it!

I used to be able to answer yes to all of those, but not any more. All those things were trappings of insecurity, or me doubting that I really 'had it right'. Once I let go, and started trusting myself, I realized that I indeed had it right, moreso than almost everybody else.

Clean honest self-doubt is an important step along the way of getting it right though. You seem to be well on your way.

March 13, 2014, 06:14:29 PM
I really didn't understand the OP when I read it. No idea at all. But if 03-04 read it right, then yes, absolutely, initial self-examination and doubt is essential to moving out of the darkness into something less dark.
The modern, left-infected ego has no concept of such a thing, which is one reason why things are as they are.

March 14, 2014, 02:57:03 AM
Do you like to think that you think outside of the box yet keep things in neat little pigeonholes?

I don't know if every problem demands "thinking outside of the box." When it's time to dig a ditch, we don't need a web app ("ditchr") to help us do it -- we need a shovel and the same methods that have worked for hundreds of thousands of years.

March 14, 2014, 10:12:40 AM
That's true.

The fine art lies in distinguishing. When is it necessary to think outside of the box (don't conform to modernity) and when can you rely on the tested and true (the traditional ways are unquestionably superior).