Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Confidence.

Confidence.
March 18, 2014, 12:05:46 PM
What is confidence, anyway? Do you have it? Can you describe it?

I see, wherever I look, people either not having any of it, or simulating it, which is to say, simulating something they have no idea about, and so the simulation becomes a laughable facsimile of something that has no existence.

Stutterers are big on the idea of confidence. They want it. They want to know how to 'get' it. They know they need it, but they don't know what it is. They may be an extreme case, but not the only one.

Holy Ghost = confidence.

Holy Ghost??? WTF is that?

God = Reality. Jesus = proof a human can get it right. Holy Ghost = what happens when a human gets it right.

Confidence is a calm, beautiful, graceful quality that fills an empty vessel. The vessel, of course, must be empty, in order to hold it. It comes in, fills to the brim, and gives value to the vessel.

Confidence is not the appearance of confidence. It can not be manufactured. It comes from outside, and fills the inside. When it is there, it shows. Even to those who do not have it. It changes those who do. Profoundly.

Confidence is the reward for those who, through diligence and application, have aligned themselves with Reality, and given themselves up to it. The outward manifestation of perfect health.

Re: Confidence.
March 18, 2014, 03:56:39 PM
To be graceful.

To see beauty in reality, and act in accordance with it - and thus to become beautiful.

Grace was the original aim of Christianity. But people seeking the outward appearance of grace turned it into something ugly.

...those may or may not be some of those who sought to write it down in the New Testament.

Nice to see someone 'getting' the trinity. You make it look so easy :)

March 18, 2014, 04:12:56 PM
So do you!

March 18, 2014, 04:20:51 PM
Once upon a time i was confident; Until i no longer was. Those were the learning years.

What have i learned? Confidence is the manifestation of reality in the essence of man.

As i write this i know i'm still in the process.

March 18, 2014, 04:24:22 PM
There's youthful self-confidence, and then there's confidence.
The first, a shallow thing, concerned only with self.
The second, knowing you have not angered the Gods.

March 19, 2014, 07:46:00 AM
How do you do this? How is this achieved?

I think this is not something you can learn, but something you do. I'm wondering what steps one takes to arrive at the doing.

March 19, 2014, 08:18:07 AM
Maybe it can be learned, although I didn't learn it.
Imagine a 10,000 piece jigsaw puzzle, its pieces scattered over the earth. A daunting task to find all the pieces.
Or perhaps starting out with 10,000 pieces, and having to scatter them over the earth, each one in its special place.
Involved is a stepping back from oneself, so the form wanders by itself, and you a mere observer.
Emptying out. Reduction to nothing at all.

It's all very impossible, for a long time. And perhaps, one day, a sudden thrill of understanding of just how ridiculously simple this undertaking is. The hardest thing there is, to simply be.

I am sure this is what Jesus did. Buddha too. Simpletons both. They gave up the world, and received the cosmos.