Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Woman With Broom.

Woman With Broom.
March 20, 2014, 09:07:42 PM
There is something heartwarming, love-inducing, even beautiful, about a woman using a broom, or a leaf-rake, well. Even more-so if that woman is the wife of the man observing.
The solid stance, the oblique attitude, the syncopation of the shoulders, the sharp focus of the eyes...
Men don't sweep or rake like this. They use too much force, or else not enough. They don't really want to be doing it, and so don't focus as sharply as they might.

Woman With Broom. Something too often missing from modern times.

Re: Woman With Broom.
March 20, 2014, 09:50:27 PM
It been replaced by vacuum cleaners. It maybe crazy, but in ghost buster, the vacuum cleaner can suck and trap spirits. I think there's some truth to it. The broom was a essencial part of what made a witch. I think foundamentaly, women are witches (it's no pejorative to me) but they don't know that anymore and they don't know the real power and dignity who lies in sewing, brooming and making food.

Maybe the broom clean without sucking the soul out of the place. Maybe that's why so much modern houses have no souls.

March 20, 2014, 10:03:23 PM
Love it  :)

March 21, 2014, 01:55:13 AM
Yes, it is something quaint and uniquely beautiful. It's uniqueness to itself is it's beauty. The same can be said for anything that resides serenely in its own place, without care or concern for being something it isn't.

March 21, 2014, 03:59:30 AM
A woman in touch with femininity and with good conscience imbues every action of hers with beauty.  I have found that my own personal attraction is to a woman who approaches with determination and walks with a serious but sinking relaxed gait.  Her character must be modest but powerful with good qualities and self-worth.

And she must now how to use a broom, or how to hit me with a skillet.

March 21, 2014, 04:53:50 AM
I prefer something with a little more sexual symbolism: a paddle, cane, belt, or riding crop.

March 21, 2014, 03:19:16 PM
It been replaced by vacuum cleaners.
I don't think it's a bad thing neccesarily. The habits that crow mentioned are the same with vacuum cleaners. Men tend to push down onto the carpet, "attacking" the dirt and grime while women tend to let it glide smoothly across the surface of the carpet.

March 21, 2014, 03:54:54 PM
Sweeping peasants has been the subject of countless paintings by many great artists.  Perhaps, they saw what Crow sees now.

March 22, 2014, 05:21:49 PM
I prefer something with a little more sexual symbolism: a paddle, cane, belt, or riding crop.

Well, I was not thinking about sex but rather the will to discipline unruly children when the time calls for it.

March 22, 2014, 05:39:01 PM
I wasn't initially talking about sex, either. But you know how deathmetal sites are.
If it's not death, then it's sex, and if it's not those, it's outrageous rudeness and barbarity...
That's humans for you.

March 22, 2014, 07:34:08 PM
I wasn't initially talking about sex, either. But you know how deathmetal sites are.
If it's not death, then it's sex, and if it's not those, it's outrageous rudeness and barbarity...
That's humans for you.

Master Crow,

I have found that sex and death, and life and death are intertwined.  We can both find and lose ourselves in potentially annihilating acts like sex, prayer or meditative reflection, grieving, and our own departure from this life.  A little roughness is a good thing if tempered by nobility in action because it is symptom of not being pretentious.

"He's a motherfucking good guy, or an awesome son of a bitch."  This is really heartfelt love and sentiment which may be profane, but it reflects something which can be beautified.  That is up to the person expressing such to work to that end, but we cannot expect every man to be an intellectual, but we can help them to be men, or to be women, to express the noble and high ideals even if they use baser language.  It would be a more crude outcome, but it provides a foundation.  After all, the strongest buildings across the world were built with days of hard labor and frustration, curses and profanities, but these sing praises to a great reality in which all can come to ascend.

I can say of myself that I desperately want to have love, before anything else.  Other people say they want the physical first, and then love.  If they can make it happen, so be it, even if we disagree with the method their wanting to achieve it may be fully within the law should they care of such.

March 22, 2014, 07:55:15 PM
Words of truth and beauty. You do our site credit.

March 22, 2014, 08:55:06 PM
Words of truth and beauty. You do our site credit.

I communicate what seems a good idea at the time, even though despite me young age, I feel like a fossil.

March 22, 2014, 09:05:52 PM
Anyone not completely fucked-up feels like a fossil.
A throwback to antediluvian days.
Age has little to do with it.

March 22, 2014, 10:55:59 PM
*Brooms are phallic objects that womyn are forced to manipulate via the imposition of socially constructed binary gender roles the white male heteronormative patriarchy has established. Forcing a womyn to manipulate a phallic symbol is nothing but rape, pure and simple*

It's amazing what beauty can be found in such simple things (as others have touched upon). Also amazing is the proclivity and power of people to pervert something so beautiful.