Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Too easy.

Too easy.
March 26, 2014, 06:37:19 PM
Enlightenment is as easy as removing oneself from one's perception.
Which is why so few attain it.

Re: Too easy.
March 26, 2014, 06:56:44 PM
Removing yourself from your own perception is easy.  It's called 'dying'.

March 26, 2014, 07:02:29 PM
To do the dying while still living is the challenge.
After you've gotten that done, actual death is a breeze.

March 26, 2014, 10:43:27 PM
"Too easy", a really interesting phrase. Evidently contradictory at first glance, but not really so difficult to understand if you really want to.

The reason that most people are going to miss what you're saying, crow, is that many of us are not used to considering the difference between self and perception. Superstitious-religious people believe in a soul or self that is totally intangible and occupies some indeterminate spiritual space that is not affected causally or physically. These kind of people are not going to understand because they don't know that their soul is actually very tangible and very much open to the pressures and hazards of life and death in our world of suns and planets.

Other people are still superstitious but irreligious, and they are going to shut down any possibility of a soul, because to admit that they have one would mean acknowledging the very immediate danger that their soul is in. I could be wrong about this, but considering what most atheists I've talked to have had to say, this seems to be the case. Knowledge of the state of their soul would be overwhelming and fearsome. They are their own perceptions, in their own mind, they have withdrawn their connections with everything that is not their own mind. I am that way, and it is sad. But I'm also fearless compared to them, and I acknowledge my soul, along with the damage I've done to it.

March 26, 2014, 11:12:17 PM
There is a very good reason I have sometimes resisted the urge to exterminate you.
You are the future.

March 27, 2014, 01:18:32 AM
My behaviour in this forum requires a lot of patience to deal with, does it? I appreciate you dealing with it. I'm not the future, though. I'm the part that ties together what has already happened and what is going to happen. My choices have ensured a bleak future for me but I know that others will walk the same path that I did and do a better job keeping their feet. That's the thing about paths. The more it has been walked on, the easier it is to follow. Mine is a rough one, but it will be easier when others follow, and they are the future.

March 27, 2014, 02:54:00 AM
No. You are a mild and pleasant fellow. No trouble at all. Thank you.
I thought only to encourage you, for the fine chap you are.
You go find someone you consider the future, and encourage him, too. OK?

March 28, 2014, 07:22:35 AM
Are we only subject to our foibles when we are subject to ourselves? I suppose the phrasing begs the question.

April 01, 2014, 05:10:57 AM
Are we only subject to our foibles when we are subject to ourselves? I suppose the phrasing begs the question.
We are subject to ourselves, when ourselves are all we can see.
In such a state, really, the only thing we can talk about is ourselves.
You see this often, on forums: somebody will accuse someone else of something that is in no way manifested.
How can this be? The accuser sees only himself, and attributes it outwards to his target.
When you see him, you see you. The parts you despise. And so you despise him.

What if the self can be removed from the perception? You get to see what is there, instead.
Given the sort of sickos that hang out on forums, you'll probably despise him, anyway.
But at least it will be for valid reasons.

April 01, 2014, 01:11:41 PM
Thinking, knowing and thinking you know.

Thinking, knowing and thinking I know.

How's that for enlightenment?

April 01, 2014, 04:09:21 PM
Nothing makes sense to me today.
Maybe it never makes sense.
Maybe I just never realized it didn't.